(if mega multi replies like this are taboo, just slap me)

Tony:
Quote:
If we were writing our own, I think this type of classification and selection strategy would certainly be worth considering.

Yes, this is definately a "writing my own" idea. Though I know 0 about empeg programming, I still believe that "anyone can do anything if they try hard enough." Maybe I could make it happen ::shrugs::

music:
Thanks for the tips. I was almost about to be suckered in because it seemed to fit my idea so well. It had a number of my "attributes" already accounted for. Oh well, now we know to avoid it.

Bitt:
Quote:
I'd prefer multiple genres to mood

Amen, because you could put whatever text you want in there. Just have empeg / desktop software sort by "genre1", "genre2", "genre3" and let the user keep track of what those fields are. Or, let the user rename the fields!

bruno:
Quote:
Of course we'd also need to see it in Tag editing software to make it most useful.

I could have swore that Tag&Rename announced this feature recently, but couldn't find it on their website. According to some total stranger, multiple genre support is handled by ID3Tag-It.

cushman:
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'll try it. And writing it to the ID3 tags might not be too hard because Tag&Rename is pretty great with regular expression parsing. Hey, it handled all the crazyness I threw at it.