Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#54178 - 03/01/2002 06:46 Thank you and Congratulations to Hugo and empeg.
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Hugo, if you are reading this, please give us a Mk. III!!

Is there ANY chance that Rio might consider a RioCar2 that is designed for more of an entry level market? I bet a RioCar2 with built in tuner and cd-r would sell like crazy for $899 or so if drive capacities continue to increase.... It wasn't that the RioCar was way too expensive, it is just that it was so unique that most people needed 1st hand demos to really "get it". Not only did it need to "cut it" as a product, but it needed to create it's own market.. Oh well, this topic has been beat to death...

Enough of my selfish requests! The reason that I posted is because I love my Mk. II so I just wanted to say congratulations on the empeg and emplode. And thank you for all your work and genius. That goes to everyone on this board (a big reason I bought my empeg for $1200 and would do it again), Tony for his FAQ, RioCar.org, the logo and geek sites, that guy would posted the mpeg video of his Mk. I (that is what pushed me over the edge), displayserver, all you guys making facias and lenses, etc etc. I've never had a gadget that has "wowed" me for so long (or an internet community that has been as great either!). It has been nearly a year since my purchase, and several times a week I am still in awe of what this piece of technology can do. I take pride in the fact that a few of my posts may have contributed to features. Everytime that someone asks "what is that thing" when they get into my car, or see my dj'ing for comedy shows I go on and on about how much I love it.

So again, I wanted to say thank you to Hugo, everyone at empeg, all the alpha testers, all the 3rd party software developers and all the members of this board for making this a great experience and allowing me to actually USE all those 600 CD's I own!

#54179 - 03/01/2002 07:16 Re: Thank you and Congratulations to Hugo and empeg. [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Loc: France, Champagne
I am sure that Empeg III (call it like you want) will amaze you more than Riocar.

Trust Rob when he is saying future will be good, empeg team has proved it.

I just can wait for the next generation !!!!!

#54180 - 03/01/2002 08:02 Re: Thank you and Congratulations to Hugo and empeg. [Re: Nosferatu]
JeepBastard
enthusiast

Loc: Brooklyn
I would also like to thank the EMPEG team for this Empeg. I own a Mark I and I am so happy with it. I followed this product for months and watched it become one of the few high end mp3 products to not be vaporware.

I agree it is a device you have to see to really get, as most magazines and press seemed to ignore it.

I have to say that as a person who sees many tech devices that this is the one device that had me satisfied and left open ended enough to make new features availble thereby extending the life and interest in the product

How many other tech gadjets have you bought that turned out to be impractical, unupgradable, or you just got bored with it? Plenty.

Not so with the empeg/riocar

I just wanted to say thanks for making an amazing product, sticking by us, the users and community, and making yours and our dreams come true.

[cry] and ill be there to get a mark III even though i missed out on the mark II [/cry] :)

thanks guys. happy new year!

#54181 - 03/01/2002 20:42 Re: Thank you and Congratulations to Hugo and empeg. [Re: Nosferatu]
94cobra
enthusiast

I don't recall anything in the future for the car(except through OEM sources). Did I miss something?

#54182 - 03/01/2002 21:15 Re: Thank you and Congratulations to Hugo and empeg. [Re: 94cobra]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Remember OEMs mean more then just the integrated car stereo manufacturers. They could very well have a deal with Sony, Kenwood, or someone else to make after market units.

Hugo did post possible specs for a Mark III that was in the pipeline when the EOL hit. And indicated it's currently being offered to someone.