Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#264678 - 07/09/2005 15:53 Disc Number Tags and 'The' handling
juansolo
new poster

I'm new to empeg (got mine at the weekend) and new to this board.

I thought I'd add a couple of suggestions that came up as I reorganised my library to load onto the empeg.

Firstly, is the next release going to support Disc Number Tags? This would save on having to go through all your double albums and either renumber them or call them Disc 1 and Disc 2 in the title.

Next, some sort of filtering on artists that begin with 'The...' would be awesome. In almost all circumstances you want to sort them in alphabetical order like The Rolling Stones you'd want between Rammstien and Rooster, for example. Rather than mixed in with all the other 'the's

Still a top toy and they're the only two gripes I have with it. I just need to get the thing fitted to the car now.

#264679 - 07/09/2005 16:04 Re: Disc Number Tags and 'The' handling [Re: juansolo]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I have a workaround for the Artist thing.

First, select the mode that lets you order the playlists yourself. In the "Configure Player" screen in emplode, on the Advanced tab, turn off the "Sort playlist menu by title" option and sync.

Second, set the artist field for your artist playlists to be like "Rolling Stones, The". The display will still show the title, but now you can sort alphabetically on the artist field. I even have "Chamberlain, Jimmy Complex, The" and "Bosstones, The Mighty Mighty"

#264680 - 07/09/2005 16:29 Re: Disc Number Tags and 'The' handling [Re: juansolo]
juansolo
new poster

Yep, that's exactly how I've done it. Just a nice to have really.

#264681 - 08/09/2005 04:30 Re: Disc Number Tags and 'The' handling [Re: juansolo]
Shonky
pooh-bah

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
I'm new to empeg (got mine at the weekend) and new to this board.

Hello
Quote:
Next, some sort of filtering on artists that begin with 'The...' would be awesome. In almost all circumstances you want to sort them in alphabetical order like The Rolling Stones you'd want between Rammstien and Rooster, for example. Rather than mixed in with all the other 'the's

Jemplode (java open source emplode replacement) does this for me just fine. I keep all mine as simply "The xxx" etc. I think it's an option you have to change though (don't have jemplode here with me). Jemplode available at the link at the top of the page.

Also note that the search function on the empeg like this using the mobile phone style entering of names automatically accounts for "The" and "A" at the beginning of artists and titles (not in playlists). Can't seem to find it referenced in the FAQ though - my search-fu isn't working.

Have a look at the FAQ too (linked up the top). Put together by Tony Fabris it's a very very useful source of info.
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)