Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#3471 - 01/12/1999 12:10 Empeg Remote control range?
barron
new poster

Greetings,

I am planning to install an empeg in my car, and I am curious as to the range of the remote. I plan to install the empeg in the rear of my car (similiar to how one would mount a cd changer)and just use the remote to control the unit.

Will this work?
Does the remote have to be facing the empeg, or is it omnidirectional?

Thanks!

Jonah

#3472 - 02/12/1999 05:51 Re: Empeg Remote control range? [Re: barron]
pca
old hand

Loc: UK
Um, you DO realise that the remote is an IR one? Therefore it HAS to be pointing at the receiver in the empeg unit,
with no obstructions.

Patrick

Opinions expressed in this email may contain up to 42% water by weight, and are mine. All mine.

#3473 - 02/12/1999 06:29 Re: Empeg Remote control range? [Re: barron]
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
i was under the impression that this was possible. in fact, one or two people have already mounted the empeg in the trunk. if i am correct, you need to get a couple of infrared repeaters so that the signal will reach. of course, i could be completely wrong. try searching through the installation board for threads about installing in the trunk or glove box.

oh, i wish i wish i had an empeg...

#3474 - 02/12/1999 10:05 Re: Empeg Remote control range? [Re: jstrain]
Kram
stranger

Loc: Cambridge, England
I have my Empeg trunk mounted in one car with an infra-red radio repeater allowing me to point the remote at the dashboard to control the unit in the trunk. I have pin numbers assigned to every playlist so that I can choose them without needing to see the screen. This works nicely.

I'm about to have the 2nd cradle fitted in the glovebox but won't bother with a repeater this time as it's very rare for me to do anything with the Empeg other than use it as a very large CD changer and on the very rare occasion that I want to use the pin numbers to choose another playlist I can reach over and open the glovebox and point the remote in there.

In both cases my Empeg feeds the line in channel on an existing headunit so I don't need to fiddle with the Empeg volume, radio, etc..

Both installations by Dominic at Cambridge Car Audio, who I strongly recommend.

Cheers,

Mark.

#3475 - 03/12/1999 02:51 Re: Empeg Remote control range? [Re: pca]
TommyE
enthusiast

Loc: NORWAY
???????