Animated Boot Logos by skunknumber1

Posted by: Skunk

Animated Boot Logos by skunknumber1 - 23/03/2004 13:11

Thought I'd make a temporary home for all my Animated Boot Logos
so that it is easier to search and download. [image]/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]

Please send me a PM if you wish to make a request.

Peace.

Posted by: kswish0

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 23/03/2004 14:42

Thats quite a selection you've got there. You've been very busy.
Posted by: furtive

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 23/03/2004 16:48

As you are taking requests...

Any chance of one for a Eunos Roadster?
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 23/03/2004 17:39

Very nice! I'd missed some of those!
Posted by: image

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 23/03/2004 19:46

now the question is, if we had access to the flash memory the boot logos reside in, is it possible to have all these boot logos reside on the music drive, and a random one get loaded to the appropriate /proc entree with a shell script? so basically, a new boot logo every bootup via @EXEC_ONCE calling the script. this possible?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 23/03/2004 21:10

This would be do-able, but not a good idea.

Flash memory is a consumable resource. If you write to the same address too many times, it will render the flash memory useless. Since the boot logos (and the kernel) always reside in the same memory spot, you'd be wearing out that memory spot each time you turned on the power instead of just each time you replaced a logo or kernel as you normally would.

The flash memory for the player settings such as the current song pointer is stored just as frequently (it's stored when you turn off the power), but it's not as bad because its address is moved around on each boot. So you get many more "stores" out of the saved player settings than you would out of the boot logos.
Posted by: image

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 24/03/2004 22:14

true, but IIRC, mark said that the flash memory is already written over every bootup, and it would take 100,000 power cycles to finally kill it off with normal usage. so, arbritrarily setting, say that the boot logo shuffle makes the life lower by 10, allowing for 10,000 cycles. if your average was 5 cycles a day, it would last you about 6 years, and if by that time nothing surpasses the empeg still, then you can always replace the flash memory, correct? =)
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 24/03/2004 23:25

I vote Dodge, Jeep, Alfa, and Jag as my favorites. Makes me want to fast forward 10 years so I can afford that Jag XKR I've always ever wanted.

Yeah, I missed a bunch too. Quality work!

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skunknumber1 - 25/03/2004 12:02

Posted by: Satan_X

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 26/03/2004 15:34

You are the man. I just bought a VW R32 and that first logo is perfect. Thanks.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 26/03/2004 15:36

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 26/03/2004 16:00

Looks like I misseed a few.

Hopfully Hugo ended uploading this one. It would be an honor if he did sported it and showed it off at this years Amersfort meet. If you look closely, the word "Skunk" is on one of the passing walls.

Posted by: Qtqc

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 29/03/2004 16:10

Anything for Mercedes?

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 29/03/2004 16:16

No, sorry, but if you would like to request one, please PM me the details.
Thanks.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 31/03/2004 12:44

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 09/04/2004 09:48

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 09/04/2004 09:50

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 15/04/2004 10:33

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 15/04/2004 10:34

Posted by: srhodes

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 16/04/2004 01:12

Dammit - For some reason I can't replace the boot logo on my empeg. I'll have to try it again over the weekend.
Posted by: LTJBukem

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 21/04/2004 09:50

I'm having my empeg FINALLY installed in my Toyota RAV4 this weekend.

Any chance of one of your stunning boot logos ?

Thanks

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 21/04/2004 11:02

You have a PM.
Posted by: ajayrockrock

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 18/05/2004 20:03

this is probably a dumb question, but where can I download these boot logos?
Posted by: genixia

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 18/05/2004 20:17

Right click -> Save.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 19/05/2004 01:24

damn, that was a dumb question. I thought they had to be in a special format like the boot logos or something... A quick visit to the FAQ and I was all sorted.

later,
ajay

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 01/06/2004 20:26

What's the best way to grab that last frame and use it for a static logo? "Copy" from Anim editor to logo editor doesn't seem to work..

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 01/06/2004 21:06

What's the best way to grab that last frame and use it for a static logo? "Copy" from Anim editor to logo editor doesn't seem to work..
Yeah, there isn't a copy/paste feature in there that I can see. Anyway, if it were me, I wouldn't be doing all my work directly within the animation editor to begin with, I'd be using an outside tool like Paint Shop Pro and/or Ulead Gif Animator so that I have each frame as a separate GIF/PNG/BMP file that I can work with more effectively. So I'd already have the files in a different format ready to use.

If you're doing all the work in the Jemplode animation editor and you're not using an outside tool, all you need to do is "save frame as PNG", then open it up in the Jemplode logo editor.

(Note that *my* logo editor doesn't do PNG, but Jemplode does. If you want to open the PNG in my logo editor, you'll need to convert it to BMP or GIF with a third party program.)
Posted by: merc

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 01/06/2004 21:16

Egad... still no 1993 RX7 annimated logos....

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 08/06/2004 12:54

I'm Back!
After a very stressful two months, my life is finally back to normal.....or close to it anyways.

I know there were some boot requests I never did get to so if any of you had requests, please PM me with a reminder or new request.
I really need to clear my mind of certain things and little projects like these are just what I need.

P.S.
When ever possible, please send or link any media to be used and thanks to everyone for making this the only BBS worth being a part of.
You guys rock!

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 08/06/2004 15:46

I did some digging.

Here is the current request list:

LTJBukem-Toyota RAV4

MRHJr- something with the San Francisco Giant's logo

adavidw- Strong Bad

ajayrockrock- Toyota Tundra

cmtempeg- 03 A4 Quattro 1.8T

DiGNAN17- Honda Odyssey

Oli- MK2 golf gti

ecoen- Passat

SonicSnoop-old vw beetle convertible
Posted by: LTJBukem

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 08/06/2004 16:56

Yep, still would like some thing if you have the time .,. Thanks muchly.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 11/06/2004 01:34

Yup, a tundra one would be sweet. When you have time.

Thanks,
Ajay
Posted by: Oli

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 12/06/2004 08:20

MK2 Golf GTI - Yes please!

cheers!
Posted by: cmtempeg

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 14/06/2004 14:15

Welcome back, skunknumber1

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 14/06/2004 15:20

Thanks

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 15/06/2004 10:58

Boot Requst for MRHJr

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 16/06/2004 10:57

Boot request for cmtempeg

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 16/06/2004 11:01

.........and some static logos for after the animation.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 16/06/2004 11:02

Posted by: Waterman981

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 16/06/2004 16:22

Sweet! I was thinking of asking for one for my A6, but couldn't find a good video to help. Since it looks like the new body, I may just have to use this one!

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 17/06/2004 08:35

I found this one which I though was pretty cool. What do you think?

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 17/06/2004 22:58

That's pretty cool! There were 2 parts I thought were usable, the first right about the middle. The car comes at an angle, throwing a wave of water. Right after the wake boarder throws a huge roost. Then the very end right before you see him throw the wake board in the trunk. Even though we only have 4 colors to work with, the car looks exactly like mine except the wheels. The tint is exactly the same. I do like using just the Audi rings as my static logo, like the last frame of the other animation you did. So maybe something using the first clip, washing and revealing the rings? Or a cross fade on the second to the rings? If you can come up with something that would rule!
Posted by: kswish0

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 18/06/2004 08:25

I just thought I'd chime and to let everyone know that being pulled by a car is not a good idea. Just last weekend, I was in Hatteras NC with some friends and was being pulled by a truck on a skimboard. I was doing really well, I was able to steer and jump the waves and everything basically just standing on a piece of plywood. I was doing so well that the driver decided to speed up some. So before I knew what was going on, I was going 35 mph, standing on a piece of plywood in 1 inch of water. I hit a dry patch of sand and went down hard on my left shoulder. Got to take a fun ambulance ride and get a bunch of x-rays. I seperated my shoulder which means I tore a couple ligaments that connect my shoulder blade to my collar bone. So now I have to get physical therapy for a long time and possibly surgery to put it all back together. So this is me just saying not to follow the example in that movie.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 18/06/2004 09:52

Man, if only I had more frames to work with!

I definitely want to work with this one. Depending on if the wheel's details are noticeable once down to size, I may ask you to send me a shot of one of your wheels to replace the ones for the animation. A link to a web site that carries your style wheels would work.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 18/06/2004 19:14

I don't know if this will help but here is a picture of my car (I don't know why they haven't removed it yet though.) I looks like making a mirror of the picture on autotrader may work to switch out the wheels. If something else would work better, I can always take out the digital camera. Thanks for taking this on!
Posted by: cmtempeg

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 21/06/2004 12:21

Very nice as usual.
Thank you to the stinkiest of them all!

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 21/06/2004 13:59

As long as I am emitting a sweet skunky oder and deliver a good kick...............

Actually the nickname "Skunk" comes from the white streak in my hair (acquired at age five due to a fractured skull).
I was sporting the long, Chris Cornell hair look at the time the name was given to me. Skunk just seemed to fit. Besides it was better than Pepe.

Glad to read you liked the animation.
Posted by: RobotCaleb

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 21/06/2004 14:08

pic?

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 21/06/2004 14:36

The only one I have available here at work.

My son and I, July 4th 2003.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 21/06/2004 15:06

Awwwwww great picture! Cute kid!

That streak is utterly cool. Gotta get me one of them.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 21/06/2004 15:37

Hee hee, Thanks!
The kid's barley going into first grade and already he has the girls lined up wanting to sit next to him, take pictures, activity buddy, etc.. Oh and then there's the women........... nuff said there. It's funny cause the kid just eats it up every time.

That streak is utterly cool. Gotta get me one of them.

Be warned. The streak may bring on extreme coolness and the ability to spark the attention of the opposite sex. May not be suitable and /or too intense for some users.

Posted by: RobotCaleb

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 21/06/2004 19:52

what do i have to hit my head on to get a streak?
i already tried eaves
that just left a scar

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 22/06/2004 09:37

Try elevating your self to about 7 feet, position your head by aiming it toward the ground, (concrete or asphalt works best) let go, (remember, no hands) wait about a 30 to 60 seconds while you regain consciousness, Presto! Your are now on your way to sporting your very own white streak!

-fine print-
Results may vary. May take one to two months to notice results not to mention recovery of any wounds or muscle functions.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 22/06/2004 09:43

I feel cheated. I fractured my skull when I was two and I don't have a streak.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 22/06/2004 15:14

So what causes the streak ? I have never heard of that before.
Posted by: andym

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 22/06/2004 15:40

I feel cheated. I fractured my skull when I was two and I don't have a streak.

Me too, all I have to show is a nice scar on my forehead.

A friend of mine has a white spot on his fringe which apparently appeared after he fell out of a window. There was also a lad at school who used to a white spot near the crown, they used to call him 'bird [censored]' for obvious reasons....

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 22/06/2004 15:51

The explanation I got was trauma to the pigment cells in the area. This was evident during my "bald" phase (several months ago) You could see the pink Gorbachev like mark on my head. Lucky for me I happened to land on that spot and not the middle of my head. Imagine the psychological affects if I would of been nick-named Kleenex.
Posted by: Roger

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 22/06/2004 16:09

Me too, all I have to show is a nice scar on my forehead.

I haven't even got a scar from when I fractured my skull as a kid.

I do have a nice scar from when I cut my head open while snowboarding. Photos are here. Don't click on that if you're particularly squeamish.
Posted by: andym

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 22/06/2004 16:35

I haven't even got a scar from when I fractured my skull as a kid.

Mine involved hefty ker-twatting bewixt head and kerb whilst riding a tricycle.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 23/06/2004 10:56

Tundra Boot for ajayrockrock
Per request:
I've got a Toyota Tundra, can you tweak the Ford Truck one and throw in a Toyota logo?

Posted by: mcomb

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 23/06/2004 13:44

Am I the only one disturbed by the amount of people on this board that managed to fracture their skull as a child? Seems to confirm that intelligent people don't have the best motor skills

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 23/06/2004 14:53

My motor skills were fine (for a 2 year old). It was my judgement that was lacking. I guess everyone has to learn that riding a tricycle up concrete steps is a bad idea.
Posted by: Ezekiel

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 23/06/2004 14:56

Or better yet that riding a tricycle _down_ concrete steps is a bad idea.

-Zeke

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 23/06/2004 14:59

Hehe. I'd managed to get up several steps so I don't think it made much difference!

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 24/06/2004 01:39

Seems to confirm that intelligent people don't have the best motor skills

Dunno. How intelligent were we before the knock on the head? Maybe it knocked some sense into us?

Posted by: SonicSnoop

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 24/06/2004 08:38

I never fractured my skull but I jumped down an entire flight of stairs on purpose trying to fly, when I was like 2. My Mom made the mistake of making me a superman cape. I landed head first on a tile floor. Needless to say I ran around for like a week with a tile imprint perm on my forehead.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 24/06/2004 09:40

Strong Bad boot for adavidw
Ideally, what I'd like to see is something that goes along with the Strong Bad sounds, that thematically ties in to the fact that you actually hear Strong Bad announce the time.

Two choices:
You can use the last frame as a static or use the one below.

Enjoy

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 24/06/2004 09:41

Static Logo
Posted by: adavidw

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 25/06/2004 04:00

Oh. My. Freaking. Hell.

That's the coolest thing I've ever seen. This, coupled with the StrongBad TTS clock makes my player now the coolest car stereo ever.

One of the best parts is that not only do I think it's cool, but my little brother will now think I'm God.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 25/06/2004 09:13

Mission accomplished!
Posted by: adavidw

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 28/06/2004 08:03

By request of skunknumber1, here's a picture of me with my player showing the Strong Bad logo I had requested of him.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 28/06/2004 13:52

Sweet thanks!

For those of you with wandering thoughts, here is the idea.
I want to put together a gallery of my creations being displayed on their installs and eventually add this gallery to my personal empeg/rio site.(still in the works) Besides, It's kind of like hearing your own song on the radio.
So if any of you would like to submit their installs sporting a skunknumber1 boot animation, please do.

Of course Adam did not have to include himself in the shot but be glad he did. We all get to see his wonderfully conditioned hair.
So soft and wispy.

Civic Boot Logo for Philip. - 16/07/2004 14:01

Didn't realize how long it's been since you requested this.
My apologies.
Hopefully it matches up to the Civic EX boot you liked.

Re: Civic Boot Logo for Philip. - 16/07/2004 14:06

oops, i just noticed that is called Aaron "Adam" in my previous post.
Sorry dude!

Honda Odyssey for DiGNAN17 - 19/07/2004 12:36

Quote:
I don't suppose you'd be up for doing a Honda Odyssey animated boot logo

MK2 Golf GTI logo for Oli - 19/07/2004 12:42

Quote:
salutations 'o master boot logo(er)!
any change of a mk2 golf gti?

Re: RX7 for merc - 19/07/2004 12:46

Quote:
If you are still taking requests for annimated RioCar logos, I'd like to request one for my 1993 RX-7

VW Tux for SonicSnoop - 19/07/2004 12:52

Quote:
If you ever have time would you be willing to do a boot logo of an old vw beetle convertible? And if possible maybe Tux driving it?

Posted by: Dignan

Re: Honda Odyssey for DiGNAN17 - 19/07/2004 14:00

Quote:
Quote:
I don't suppose you'd be up for doing a Honda Odyssey animated boot logo

[Cartman]Sweeeeeeeet[/Cartman]

Thanks! This is fantastic! I appreciate you going to the trouble.

Re: Honda Odyssey for DiGNAN17 - 19/07/2004 14:37

No problem.
As always, it's my pleasure.

Re: VW Tux for SonicSnoop - 20/07/2004 01:18

Quote:
Quote:
If you ever have time would you be willing to do a boot logo of an old vw beetle convertible? And if possible maybe Tux driving it?

OMG! You SO RULE! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am forever in your debt!

Ford Focus for Roger - 21/07/2004 13:16

Complete this animation with one of the static logos below

Static Ford Logo - 21/07/2004 13:17

Static Ford Logo Steel - 21/07/2004 13:17

Steel

Static Ford Logo Chrome - 21/07/2004 13:17

Chrome

Re: Ford Focus for Roger - 21/07/2004 13:59

Excellent. Thanks. I'll upload that the next chance I get.

Re: Ford Focus for Roger - 21/07/2004 14:02

Your welcome
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Civic Boot Logo for Philip. - 22/07/2004 07:28

Wow, thank you so so much

Passat logo for ecoen - 22/07/2004 14:05

Quote:
Any chance for a Passat boot logo? I've seen plenty for the Cabriolet and Golf variants...

Eclipse logo for CFinch106 - 22/07/2004 14:11

Quote:
Could you make a Mitsubishi Eclipse animated boot logo? one preferably of a newer model such as a 2003, something with the diamond logo and the car

Looks best if last frame is used as the static logo.
Posted by: CFinch106

Re: Eclipse logo for CFinch106 - 22/07/2004 18:06

Awesome awsome, thanks a lot.

Re: Eclipse logo for CFinch106 - 22/07/2004 18:14

Audi A6 for Waterman981 - 27/07/2004 17:14

Enjoy!

Re: Audi A6 for Waterman981 - 27/07/2004 18:02

Sweet!!! Excellent work as always!!

Re: Audi A6 for Waterman981 - 27/07/2004 18:46

Thank you and your welcome.

Re: VW Tux for SonicSnoop - 28/07/2004 11:30

I wanted to thank you again for the Boot logo, I love it. I was also wondering since your very good at this stuff if you had any ideas what would go good with this logo for the static ones. right now i just use the default car and home logos. I would like something a lil more custom. just have no ideas. Thanks!

Re: VW Tux for SonicSnoop - 28/07/2004 16:16

When I normally fade out the endings in my animated logos, it is so that you may use a Static Logo of your choice.
When an Animated Logo does not fade out, the last frame is usually the best bet for a static. I still can however modify the Animation so that the animation fades out to the static logo of your choice.

Here is my idea for your particular logo.
Currently, the last frame of the animation has the VW logo just left of the middle. The words "Linux inside" or even that particular logo on the right of the VW logo would be cool.

A static of logo with the VW logo and Linux inside logo would be created and the last three frames to the original animation would then be modified so that it transitions to the static.

Let me know what you think.

edit: Here is the static
If you like it, I can have it transition to the static or you can use as is. The Linux inside logo will just seem to Magically appear after the animation.

A3 for taym - 28/07/2004 16:31

Quote:
If possible, I'd like something that stresses the front of the new A3, which I absolutely love

Re: VW Tux for SonicSnoop - 29/07/2004 18:04

Thank you very much. Ill try it as is and see how it is
Posted by: Taym

Re: A3 for taym - 01/08/2004 20:43

THANK YOU!
Wonderful!
Posted by: philp69

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 02/08/2004 01:54

How 'bout one for an Infiniti FX if it's not too much trouble. TIA!

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 02/08/2004 15:21

Sure, what do you have in mind?
What would you like the boot logo to include?
Do you want a video clip, animation, Logos, text?..................

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 02/08/2004 15:56

I just want to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone who has contributed a donation for the time I've spent on the Custom Animated Logos. It is very much appreciated and i got to say I enjoy creating these flashy custom clips for our beloved empegs. This, along with all the recent hard work from all of the software developers, third party app creators and let's not forget the "plastic surgeons" that make our empegs the coolest stereo on the planet!

It'll be many years (if ever) before any In-Dash MP3 player even comes close to the quality, reliability, functionality, and support that the empeg and this BBS has to offer.

Thanks again to everyone involved.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 02/08/2004 20:04

I found some stuff on Infiniti's website. They have some commercials with video of the truck, but I don't know if anything there would translate to an animated logo very well. I'm not real good with the artistic stuff.

I think just the animated Infiniti logo at the end of their commercials might look pretty nice also. It could also be used by anyone else with an Infiniti.

I guess I'll leave it up to your discretion as to what would work well...

Thanks again!

Phil

FX Animated Boot Logo - 15/09/2004 15:10

Sorry about the delay. I finally got around to working on it a couple of days ago and just now posting

Please note that the animation is 33 frames long. (three frames longer than recommended) It is unlikely but possible you may encounter flickering or pauses at the end of the animation. If so, delete three frames from the original file. Frames 8, 10, and 12 are the best candidates for deletion.

Enjoy

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 15/09/2004 15:11

Here is a Static Logo that works well when used with the animation above.

Re: FX Animated Boot Logo - 15/09/2004 20:04

Very cool! Thanks man, your the best! Can't wait to get it loaded...

Phil

Re: FX Animated Boot Logo - 18/09/2004 02:43

Wow, these logos are really amazing. You really are a machine, Skunk!

Re: FX Animated Boot Logo - 21/09/2004 15:41

Thanks FireFox.
Hats off to you for your button efforts. Keep up the great work!

Let me know if you ever want an "empeg Button Master" logo.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 04/10/2004 22:10

Is anything doable with this?

I'm trying to think of more that are not vehicle specific so that more people can enjoy your work! I can't wait for you to get that site up either.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 05/10/2004 00:09

I don't know what that is, but it's creeping me out.
Posted by: webroach

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 05/10/2004 00:27

Quote:
I don't know what that is, but it's creeping me out.

<drool>Must...have...as...boot...logo.... </drool>

Brad, is that from the "Young Ones" episode with The Damned? Going on the filename.....

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 05/10/2004 02:19

I second that. Ha, that was the last thing I wanted to see before going to bed.

(still pondering a design to request for a Volvo boot logo, since I'm finally admitting that I'll never have time or skill to create my own.)

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 05/10/2004 09:45

That's Aphex Twin (experimental electronic artist). I love it!

I'm trying to find some generic stuff that everyone will like. ie - Car themed, but not with a specific auto logo. I guess we could all add our own static logo at the end.. It sucks that Skunk comes up with some stuff that is just fantastic, but has a BMW logo or something at the end (no offense to BMW guys!)

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 05/10/2004 16:39

Quote:
That's Aphex Twin (experimental electronic artist). I love it!

I'm trying to find some generic stuff that everyone will like. ie - Car themed, but not with a specific auto logo. I guess we could all add our own static logo at the end.. It sucks that Skunk comes up with some stuff that is just fantastic, but has a BMW logo or something at the end (no offense to BMW guys!)

I agree. I'd love to see more "brand-non-specific" logos.

As far as Aphex Twin goes, huge fan. I was even able to get hold of his "Tetris Remix" and "Power Pill - The Pac Man Remixes". With some of the wierd stuff he does, I don't have much trouble believing his old claim that he slept only about an hour per night.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 05/10/2004 18:32

I wish the milkman would deliver my milk, in the morning.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 05/10/2004 19:39

Quote:
I wish the milkman would deliver my milk, in the morning.

No kidding. But if you don't stop making that big face while you're licking the window, no milkman in his right mind will come near your house.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 06/10/2004 16:51

Brad, That does kick ass and I couldn’t agree with you more on the "non-vehicle specific" types of animations. I do in fact have a few that I created a while back that are just that, cool animations for the empeg.

I most definitely can work with the clip and do something cool for the empeg. Give me a few days to work on it. I recently got a promotion at work and have been busy with the transition, not to mention I only have internet access at work at the time.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 06/10/2004 19:22

Congratulations!

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 06/10/2004 19:58

Way to go!

(Whey two Gogh!!)

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 07/10/2004 12:58

Thanks Guys!

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 13/10/2004 12:26

Here is the clip at original resolution.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 13/10/2004 12:27

And here is the clip sized to fit from top to bottom.

I'm thinking of extending the TV lines that flash during the animation to the ends of screen on both animations.

I'll get to that later.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 13/10/2004 15:16

Kick ass!
Posted by: TheTwin314

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 18/10/2004 14:27

Quote:
I'm thinking of extending the TV lines that flash during the animation to the ends of screen on both animations.

You mean like so...

Also, in this logo...

I don't suppose you could have it fade into this image...
http://thetwin314.mine.nu/pics/RS-T_impreza_logo.bmp
Instead of the WRX image

Feel free to clean up that logo if you can make it look better.... just link me the new and improved version

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 18/10/2004 17:25

SWEET! thanks.

Good thing I held off on it.

Quote:
I don't suppose you could have it fade into this image...

I should have the original file but not too sure...........yep i do have it. I'll work on this one tonight when i get home.
The quality should be greatly improved now that i got the technique down.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 18/10/2004 20:16

Any ideas on what to fade to for the Aphex Twin? The Subaru logo doesn't look right anymore!

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 18/10/2004 20:36

I have a couple aphex twin logos on the main riocar boot logo's page.... I also have an aphex twin image for use with the image pan visualisation.... let me dig these up.

edit: http://riocar.org/modules.php?op=modload...&filtercat=

towards the bottom of the page

next edit: here's the image pan to replace the escher.raw file... http://thetwin314.mine.nu/pics/custom_aphex_twin_face.raw

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 19/10/2004 00:12

just looked on your site and noticed you already have the aphex image pan

nice 'rex.... I think you'll enjoy my little page about my car.

http://thetwin314.mine.nu/subaru/

well that's mainly just text, but it links to my picture directories that you can browse http://thetwin314.mine.nu/pics/Photo_Shoot/ being the most recent.

Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 25/10/2004 13:10

Here is the updated boot logo.
Note that this one looks a bit darker that the original.
This is because the original was not converted to the correct color values for the empeg VFD.
I also stabilized the frames from the original video clip.

Enjoy!

Halloween ABLs - 27/10/2004 11:54

Thought I'd roll out some holiday related ABLs

Halloween ABLs - 27/10/2004 12:01

Here's another.

Original art work found here after googleing for "demon"

Re: Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 02/11/2004 09:57

Holy crap, I love it, me and my impreza are very very happy. Thank you!!!

Quote:
Here is the updated boot logo.
Note that this one looks a bit darker that the original.
This is because the original was not converted to the correct color values for the empeg VFD.
I also stabilized the frames from the original video clip.

Enjoy!

Re: Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 02/11/2004 12:20

Did we really need to see the entire original post copied below your response? And while I'm at it, its "Impreza and I".

Re: Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 02/11/2004 19:24

Quote:
Did we really need to see the entire original post copied below your response? And while I'm at it, its "Impreza and I".

Having a bad day?
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 03/11/2004 04:41

Quote:
Quote:

Having a bad day?

Whether he is, or not, I'm glad someone is taking the time to educate people on proper posting etiquette, even if it is sometimes rather brusque.

At work, I was recently involved in an email thread where the respondants mixed both top and bottom replies, made all the worse by lack of trimmed replies. It was a longish thread, and part of it was supposed to tell me what I was supposed to do, but I'll be damned if I could figure it out by reading the email. So I wrote a mini-rant, and said I can't figure out what's going on, due to the above, and I'm not going to spend my time trying to figure it out. I quickly got two apologies -- both top replies, and untrimmed. It's disgusting that white-collar professionals have such poor communication skills.

The convention on this BBS is interspersed comments, bottom-posted and trimmed.

Re: Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 03/11/2004 21:31

It's rude and adds nothing to the conversation. If it was included as a PS to a post, that'd be one thing, but this was really uncalled for. He only quoted a few sentences, not a two page boot log. I'm sure TheTwin is sorry he hasn't learned the proper procedure for posting that is prefered by Bitt. Sure, you've had nearly 1,300 posts to learn this, but he should have picked this up in his 50?

Last I checked, the member agreement did not include anything about "bottom" or "top" posting nor did it insist that we trim our quotes down to the bare minimum.

Re: Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 03/11/2004 23:06

You're right. I was having a bad day, although I didn't think that was the cause at the time. Sorry. (Doesn't mean I was wrong, though. Just rude.)

Re: Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 04/11/2004 00:05

I didn't mean to imply you were wrong Bitt.

Re: Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 04/11/2004 00:07

I have to reinforce my sense of superiority somehow.

Re: Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 04/11/2004 00:19

You police are all the same...
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 04/11/2004 07:24

Quote:
It's rude and adds nothing to the conversation.

True enough.

Quote:
Sure, you've had nearly 1,300 posts to learn this, but he should have picked this up in his 50?

At one point in the not so distant past of the internet/USENET, people were expected to pick this up before making even a single post, let alone 50.
Posted by: frog51

Re: Impreza Boot logo for TheTwin314 - 04/11/2004 07:44

It does make a bit of difference to those of us who browse the boards over slow/expensive dial up. When I dial in to read the BBS (on a sub 30kbaud line!) I can turn off avatars, but excessive quoting, especially including graphics, does bump up the download time.

New GTi-R ABL for Major_Sarcasm - 05/11/2004 14:37

As requested. White Pulsar doing as many doughnuts as possible.

GTi-R Static for above ABL - 05/11/2004 14:37

Posted by: Major_Sarcasm

Re: GTi-R Static for above ABL - 09/11/2004 02:22

As ever, your talent is appreciated. Funds will be forthcoming!

Re: GTi-R Static for above ABL - 09/11/2004 13:25

I'm happy to see you liked it.
Many thanks in advance for the contribution.
Posted by: Phireman19

Re: GTi-R Static for above ABL - 10/11/2004 18:16

Hey, any chance of getting a boot logo done?
I am a firefighter in Indianapolis, IN. I was wondering if you could do a firefighting logo, and I drive a '95 Acura Legend 4 door, possibly do one of it too ??

I can help with some pics!
Tim

Firefighter/Acura ABL request - 10/11/2004 18:40

Sure, I'd love to. (I did get your PM BTW)
I currently have one request I am working on but you are next in line.
Feel free to send me any media or ideas you may have via my email address below.
Posted by: meast

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 11/11/2004 18:59

May I add to the request list?

'96 Mustang Convertible (any year from 94-99 will do, though)
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: Firefighter/Acura ABL request - 12/11/2004 05:14

I'm only curious to know what, if any, boot animation you're using on your own empeg? Hope it hasn't already been mentioned and I just missed it. Great work BTW.

Bruno

Re: Firefighter/Acura ABL request - 12/11/2004 13:50

Quote:
I'm only curious to know what, if any, boot animation you're using on your own empeg?

meast:
Quote:
May I add to the request list?

Sure, why not. Will anything do or do you have an idea?

Oh, and thanks Bruno
Posted by: treize

Re: Firefighter/Acura ABL request - 12/11/2004 16:14

hey skunk. first of all great job on the logos. i was interested in an Acura Integra animation. right now i just have the still image from riocar.org. i was wondering what exactly it is that you need for an animation. since the integra has evolved into the RSX i'm sure animations aren't as readily available (although i will still google for them). however what can you work with? a few pics that are close enough to be made into an animation? i'm just not sure what you require for the animation. thanks

Re: Firefighter/Acura ABL request - 12/11/2004 18:13

Thanks George!
I can pretty much animate any image, two dimensionally of course.
Aninmated gifs and video clips are also great for animations.
The clips and images are converted to grayscale then sized to 128x32 pixels, reduced to 32 frames or less, stabilized, and then converted to the 4 VFD color values.

Just give me an idea of what you would like as the animation,
provide me with any media you may want to use or I can just come up with something on my own based on what I find.

Also a very cool idea and I dont think anyone has done this yet, is to direct your own video cilp using your home video camera and I can convert it into and ABL.
Posted by: treize

Re: Firefighter/Acura ABL request - 12/11/2004 18:21

wow the home made video clip is a good idea. i'll see what i can find thru google as well but i think i may just make a video. great idea...i am inspired . now if only my car actually went fast instead of "sounding" fast

Re: Firefighter/Acura ABL request - 13/11/2004 00:04

Quote:
direct your own video cilp

Be sure to send him the "widescreen" edition.
We'd need to scroll ending credits for the cast and crew.
Posted by: Dbqsmurf

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 16/11/2004 18:27

Can I ask to get one of a animated toyota celica 1994-99 not the new ones.
Posted by: PaulWay

Re: Mark I animated logos request - 19/11/2004 01:20

Hi there!

A brief search still shows no information on getting boot logos to work on a Mark I. The instructions on the Riocar.org site are for the Mark II (e.g. "Make sure your player is connected to your computer via ethernet") - what about the Mark I and it's serial-or-USB-only connection? What do I have to do to get these excellent animations on my Mark I?

Pleeeeeeaaassssee!

Paul

Re: Mark I animated logos request - 19/11/2004 12:49

Looks like the only way is to write to the player's flash RAM at address a000 using Hugo's original source code.

Re: Mark I animated logos request - 19/11/2004 15:58

That's the wrong address for an animated logo.

And the file has to be in the right format, it can't be an animated GIF. The address depends on the size of the file and where Mark's hijack code expects to look for it.

Perhaps Mark can help out in determining the address.

ABL for Phireman19 - 26/11/2004 18:32

Sorry about not inculding your Maltese cross.
The detail was lost once it was reduced in size to fit the screen.

Re: ABL for Phireman19 - 26/11/2004 18:43

Here is the one for your Honda Pilot

Volvo V70 ABL requested by FireFox31 - 30/11/2004 22:10

I know, I know. I realized it after the fact but hey, it still looks cool!

You Volvo owners know what i'm talking about.

Re: Volvo V70 ABL requested by FireFox31 - 01/12/2004 00:10

Mine's AWD. :P

Re: Volvo V70 ABL requested by FireFox31 - 01/12/2004 00:22

What, that's a FINE example of a Volvo V90 doing a burnout! It's perfect; fit my request description better than I even imagined it. I'm amazed at how much you fit into 30 frames fo 128x32 and 4 colors. Thanks again, you have been PayPal'd.

Re: Volvo V70 ABL requested by FireFox31 - 01/12/2004 00:23

Well, if you've got that much smoke coming out of the back end, you've got something seriously wrong with your car.

To beat that dead horse, Volvos are FWD.

Re: Volvo V70 ABL requested by FireFox31 - 01/12/2004 00:39

V90 = rear...wheel...drive? I wish I had one every time I (rarely) see them on the highway.

Re: Volvo V70 ABL requested by FireFox31 - 01/12/2004 13:21

Huh. Didn't know that.

Re: Volvo V70 ABL requested by FireFox31 - 01/12/2004 14:16

Thanks FireFox31 for the kind words and generous contribution. Hopefully you received my thank you email expressing the same.
Posted by: boxer

Re: Volvo V70 ABL requested by FireFox31 - 01/12/2004 19:38

Surely it's Saab who are all front wheel, Volvo, before the 4wd had always been rear wheel - I could be wrong.
A Beamer owner was once extolling the virtues of rear wheel drive in my local pub, when a dour Yorkshireman piped up: Aye, but you never see a train wit' engine on't back! - A convincing argument, I felt!

Re: Volvo V70 ABL requested by FireFox31 - 01/12/2004 19:48

I meant these days, but you're right. They did used to all be RWD.
Posted by: petteri

and on a slightly less sporty note... - 01/12/2004 20:38

Any chance of getting a logo done with a Toyota Prius theme? No smoking wheels needed here! Come to think of it no smoke at all!

Peter
Miami, FL USA

Re: Volvo V70 ABL requested by FireFox31 - 01/12/2004 21:42

Many (some would say most) higher-end cars are RWD - when not AWD. BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti, Lexus, Porsche... of course there are plenty of (extreme) low end cars that are also RWD, like the Ford Mustang. I was pretty surprised to find out Saabs are all FWD - and even the Audi TT is FWD (yuck on a roadster).

Bruno

Re: Volvo V70 ABL requested by FireFox31 - 02/12/2004 00:14

All I know about rear wheel drive is:
When you stomp on the gas and the car moves forward, all the weight goes to the back. More weight on the rear tires = better traction. Less weight on the front tires = the crappy traction I get every morning when trying to accelerate from a stop on the hill I live on.
Oh, and the other thing I suspect is:
Rear wheel drive stinks in the snow. I guess that's why Volvo and Saab's are front wheel drive.
Posted by: Raas

Re: Hammer time - 02/12/2004 09:39

Hi all,

I was wondering Skunk, do you think a logo could be done with this? Perhaps with a static empeg motif beside it...

Cheers,

Raas

Re: Hammer time - 02/12/2004 13:38

But that brings up the most important question: "OMG, WHY!?"

Bruno
Posted by: Raas

Re: Hammer time - 02/12/2004 14:18

It's all about those trousers mate! Legendary

Re: Hammer time - 02/12/2004 14:59

Sure, as long as you don't mind Stanley being this tall.

Note: Although he has been converted to the 4 VFD values he has not been opitimized to look his best. This is just a sample.

Re: and on a slightly less sporty note... - 02/12/2004 16:30

I'm sure I can think of somthing.

Re: Hammer time - 02/12/2004 16:48

It's amazing what motion can convey even at low rez. I can totally tell that's the MC Hammer dance even at that tiny size. Cool.

Re: and on a slightly less sporty note... - 02/12/2004 17:02

Here are a couple of links, don't know if they can be used or not...

http://www.toyota-eisenhofer.de/Neuwagen/Prius/HSD.gif

and

http://john1701a.com/prius/animations/Prius-Animation_750x226_Hybrid-Symbol.gif

Thanks!

Peter
Miami, FL USA

P.S. The Empeg finally gets installed tomorrow!!!

Re: and on a slightly less sporty note... - 02/12/2004 17:50

Sure, the question is, do you want to use those graphics?

I could incorporate both with a graphic of the actual car.
Something like the animated graphic transitioning into the actual car and the "HSD Emblem" fading in off to the right or left.

I was thinking more along the lines of a commercial like ABL starting with a scenic view as the sun comes up behind some trees or hills and panning down to the car as the sun casts a shadow on the floor and ending with the "Pirus" logo and "HSD" logo as a static.

Thoughts?

Re: and on a slightly less sporty note... - 02/12/2004 18:45

Hmm, choices! I really like the animated logo from above (the one I posted a link to on john1701a.com) I hadn't though of something as elaborate as a sunrise. The Prius logo already comes up on the car's own display at startup, plus I think the way they styled the word "prius" is ugly. I guess I like the idea of the "leaf exaust" logo turing into the actual car with the HSD logo some how coming up after that. Thanks!

Peter
Miami, FL USA

Re: and on a slightly less sporty note... - 02/12/2004 19:11

Quote:
I guess I like the idea of the "leaf exaust" logo turing into the actual car with the HSD logo some how coming up after that. Thanks!

Then that it shall be. Give me a couple weeks. There are a few requests ahead of yours.

Thanks.

Re: Hammer time - 02/12/2004 19:43

How about the Rico Suave dance where you raise one foot and shake it side-to-side?
Posted by: Phireman19

Re: Hammer time - 03/12/2004 14:14

Thanks so much for the ABL's !! They look awesome!!
I really appreciate it.

I will paypal you.

Re: Hammer time - 03/12/2004 16:19

Thanks Phireman19.

Always nice to hear you're satisfide with the work.

Re: Hammer time - 03/12/2004 22:40

Hey skunk, how about a 2005 Mustang logo of some sort? I've got one on order that should arrive sometime in January. Would be nice to have a shiny new logo to go with it I don't really have any good ideas about what should be in the logo.

Thanks,
-Mike

Re: Hammer time - 04/12/2004 00:53

There is tons of good stuff in the cornfield commercial, here

Re: Hammer time - 04/12/2004 03:06

Quote:
There is tons of good stuff in the cornfield commercial, here

Hey thanks, I hadn't seen that whole ad yet. Yeah, something from that would make a cool logo.

Re: Hammer time - 04/12/2004 21:54

Quote:
I've got one on order

Congrats! Sweet car. I was taking spy pics of them all summer and last winter.

Here is one taken after the car was already shown at the North American Auto Show, so its camoflage is off:

Re: Hammer time - 05/12/2004 06:01

Quote:
Congrats! Sweet car. I was taking spy pics of them all summer and last winter.

Thanks! I've been following people's spy pics in a mustang forum for at least a year now. Really builds the anticipation. That one in your pic is sure beat up.

MG ZR ABL request for Rufus - 09/12/2004 16:03

Note this ABL has 34 frames. I have a 30 frames version if need be.

I emailed you at your btinternet.com account to let you know it was done but received no relpy. I decided to post it on the BBS.
Hope you don't mind.

Cheers.
Posted by: Rufus

Re: MG ZR ABL request for Rufus - 10/12/2004 15:34

Excellent work yet again, this will be going on my empeg tonight. Sorry I didn`t reply to your email, I was working away from home with no net access.

thanks again, Mark

Mustang ABL request for meast - 16/12/2004 20:35

Quote:
'96 Mustang Convertible (any year from 94-99 will do, though)

Posted by: Qtqc

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 10/01/2005 00:09

Hey just wondering if you got anything in a Mercedes Boot Logo. Some type of small video clip would be sweet. Byt anything you can come up with is appreciated.
Posted by: Gallagher419

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 10/01/2005 01:50

Would you mind making an animated boot logo of the Phila. Eagles? Thanks!

Prius ABL for petteri - 10/01/2005 14:32

Quote:
I guess I like the idea of the "leaf exaust" logo turing into the actual car with the HSD logo some how coming up after that. Thanks!

Celica ABL for Dbqsmurf - 10/01/2005 14:37

Quote:
Can I ask to get one of a animated toyota celica 1994-99 not the new ones

Re: Hammer time - 10/01/2005 14:40

i have not forgotten about you Mike.

Yours will be next.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 10/01/2005 14:55

Quote:
Hey just wondering if you got anything in a Mercedes Boot Logo. Some type of small video clip would be sweet. Byt anything you can come up with is appreciated.

I'll see what I can do.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 10/01/2005 14:57

Quote:
Would you mind making an animated boot logo of the Phila. Eagles? Thanks!

I don't see why not.

Re: Hammer time - 10/01/2005 20:05

Quote:
Yours will be next.

Sweet! The mustang still hasn't shown up (Ford apparently has a knack for running out of parts and underestimating demand) so I'm not in a huge rush.

-Mike

Re: Prius ABL for petteri - 10/01/2005 20:20

Wow! Great work! Thanks. Now, I just need to get the damn thing mounted in the car! (More info on that in the Toyota Prius thread over in instalations) Thanks again!

Peter
Miami, FL USA

2005 Mustang ABL - 11/01/2005 13:16

Quote:

Sweet! The mustang still hasn't shown up (Ford apparently has a knack for running out of parts and underestimating demand) so I'm not in a huge rush.

-Mike

That sucks, how long have you been waiting?
I would hate to tease you by providing you the boot logo before you have the car.

Well, since you are in no big rush, you wouldn’t mind if I get the other requests out before yours right?

Re: Prius ABL for petteri - 11/01/2005 13:31

Quote:
Wow! Great work! Thanks. Now, I just need to get the damn thing mounted in the car! (More info on that in the Toyota Prius thread over in instalations) Thanks again!

Peter

Thanks Peter,
It took a little tweaking.
Scaling it down had lost a lot of the animated detail but I managed to make it look good.
Looks like yet another satisfied empeger

Your contribution was very much appreciated, thank you.

Re: 2005 Mustang ABL - 12/01/2005 01:55

Quote:

About 2 months and they have a material hold on an interior trim package I want so it isn't going to get built anytime this month either. It isn't that big a deal as my current vehicle still runs fine, but I wasn't expecting a 3+ month wait to get a mass produced vehicle

Quote:
Well, since you are in no big rush, you wouldn’t mind if I get the other requests out before yours right?

Not at all, go for it. I'll bug you again when the car shows up.

-Mike
Posted by: biznen151

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 09/04/2005 06:33

I just bought my first Empeg off ebay. I've wanted one of these things for years, and I finally could afford one. Any chance of a Mazda 323 GTX logo, or maybe just a generic Mazda logo? Thanks, I've been reading up in preparation for when it arrives.
- Ben
Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: Prius ABL for petteri - 09/04/2005 20:31

Now i got a problem with one of you logos

its the one that has BMW the ultimate driving machine followed by empeg the ultimate stereo

sadly i drive clapped out BMW and a caterham 7 so i can't really have my stereo saying its the ultimate driving machine

what would be nice is either a caterham logo http://www.caterham.co.uk/showroom/index.htm spinning seven or the lotus logo

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 26/04/2005 18:32

How about this one?

Animated Boot Logos by Skunk - 03/05/2005 22:11

Boy do i feel rusty posting on the BBS. It's been a long time and I apologize in advance if requests were missed.

I recently got connected with broadband at home and happy to announce that i will be taking requests again.

I'll start things off by posting the newly requested logos.

Enjoy!

Caterham logos for thinfourth2 - 03/05/2005 22:11

Caterham logos for thinfourth2 - 03/05/2005 22:12

Caterham logos for thinfourth2 - 03/05/2005 22:12

Caterham logos for thinfourth2 - 03/05/2005 22:13

Caterham logos for thinfourth2 - 03/05/2005 22:14

Mazda logo for biznen151 - 03/05/2005 22:16

NIN for Brad - 03/05/2005 22:17

Posted by: biznen151

Re: Mazda logo for biznen151 - 04/05/2005 02:51

Awesome Mazda Logo, Thanks a Ton.
- Ben

Re: NIN for Brad - 08/05/2005 09:14

That NIN one is kick ass! Thanks!

Scion boot logo for clsmith - 03/06/2005 12:47

Quote:
"I was hoping I could make a request for a new logo..." Maybe the Toyota logo changing/morphing into the Scion logo?

Enjoy!

Re: Scion boot logo for clsmith - 03/06/2005 12:49

Inverted

Re: Scion boot logo for clsmith - 03/06/2005 12:50

Static

TuxBat - Batman Begins Boot Logo for SonicSnoop - 15/06/2005 11:51

Quote:
if you would be willing to make me a Batman boot logo of some kind. Something that ended with a static batman logo, Maybe something like a tux penguin swinging across the screen with the batman logo appearing right after him as he slides across. and maybe have a cape and stuff on him if its not too much work

Just In time for opening day!

Re: TuxBat - Batman Begins Boot Logo for SonicSnoop - 15/06/2005 12:28

Wu who! Thanks! That is awsome! You are the best!

Re: TuxBat - Batman Begins Boot Logo for SonicSnoop - 15/06/2005 13:11

Thanks!
I was reluctant to add the bat ears. The addition of the ears and a utility belt made Tux less distinguishable. He was no longer Tux but some cute cartoony batman character.
Here is the logo without the bat ears

Yep, thats tux alright.

Speaking of the bat ears, I now notice a minor flaw.
His left ear should not have the outline of his head.
it makes it seem as if the ear is behind the head.
I'll see if I can take care of that.

Edit: I updated the first logo above with the ear correction.
Posted by: talmou

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skuknumber1 - 01/07/2005 13:49

I was hoping that you could do some sort of boot logo for a Seat Leon. If possible for the FR.

Thanks

Jim

Re: 2005 Mustang ABL - 01/07/2005 15:11

Quote:
Quote:

About 2 months and they have a material hold on an interior trim package I want so it isn't going to get built anytime this month either. It isn't that big a deal as my current vehicle still runs fine, but I wasn't expecting a 3+ month wait to get a mass produced vehicle

Quote:

Not at all, go for it. I'll bug you again when the car shows up.

OK, so six months later (don't ask, its painful) the car is finally showing up. I'm expecting it next week. Skunk, when you get a chance could you come up with something in a Mustang GT animated logo?

Thanks,
-Mike

Re: 2005 Mustang ABL - 25/07/2005 22:14

Mike,

Hopefully the empeg has accepted it's new home.
You did finally get the car, right??

Here's to your new ride.

Re: 2005 Mustang ABL - 25/07/2005 22:39

Quote:
Hopefully the empeg has accepted it's new home.
You did finally get the car, right??

Sweet, thanks! I'll go throw some tokens in the boot logo cash box. Yep, my mustang finally showed up Thursday. A mere 8 months and 1 week after I ordered it. I'll probably do the empeg install in the next week or so (need to collect the relevant bits and try to recover from the $28,000 check I just wrote for the car!).

Thanks!
-Mike
Posted by: Foz

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skunknumber1 - 27/07/2005 17:50

If you're still taking requests, any way I can get one for a Nissan Xterra?

Thanks!

-- Gary F.

Seat Leon ABL for talmou - 28/07/2005 00:16

Posted by: Robotic

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skunknumber1 - 02/12/2005 22:16

Hiya!
Would you do something with this logo?

White on black preferred.
Maybe a simple scan bottom to top?
Me = Oh-so-happy!
Posted by: Caps

Re: Animated Boot Logos by Skunk - 31/12/2005 19:00

I was wondering if the original boot logo could be modified to add the Saturn logo for maybe 5 or 6 frames before or after the empeg boot logo? I think I might be able to do this myself if I have some extra time.

Also, on your first post, you have these white dots going across, I think it would be cool if you added James Bond to it just like the start of every Bond movie with him walking out and shooting the gun.

Re: Animated Boot Logos by skunknumber1 - 01/01/2006 16:45

I'd prefer something with this:
Posted by: sein

Re: Mazda logo for biznen151 - 16/05/2008 18:51

Originally Posted By: Skunk

Great boot logo Skunk! I did a remix...