random rant

Posted by: Daria

random rant - 23/07/2002 19:50

So basically I'm looking for some Fleetwood Mac bootlegs. Supposedly there were some vinyl imports in the late 70s and there's some other stuff which seems to be floating around. Well, sort of. I remember seeing the stuff on Napster, but of course nothing on any of the random peer to peer systems now.

I can find several "swapping" pages where they'll trade me for it, which would work well if I had something to trade.

I'd buy the albums, if I could find them. Gah.
Posted by: Dignan

Re: random rant - 23/07/2002 20:08

Have you checked GEMM?

And by the way, that was the most calm rant I've ever seen

You know, there might just not be very many bootlegs. Maybe it wasn't the biggest bootlegging band.

Re: random rant - 23/07/2002 20:14

And by the way, that was the most calm rant I've ever seen

That's all the vitriol I could muster after my real job and my other job exhausted me.

Re: random rant - 23/07/2002 20:16

You know, there might just not be very many bootlegs. Maybe it wasn't the biggest bootlegging band

I assure you, they exist. The Sin City '77 concert is one. There are others. Plenty of references to traders who have stuff. GEMM didn't have anything; Neither did outofprintmusic.com

Re: random rant - 27/07/2002 10:01

but of course nothing on any of the random peer to peer systems now.

And I forgot: even if you find it, it's not like you can get it. Everything drops back to push and is promptly never heard from again.
Posted by: Lemmy

Re: random rant - 29/07/2002 02:50

I know a very good record shop, they have virtually anything.
drawbacks? its german, dunno where you are and if != germany, if they'd ship there.

www.jpc.de might be your friend...

bye,
[L]