Interact TV Telly device

Posted by: drakino

Interact TV Telly device - 05/08/2003 19:25

The Telly.

My review, not so good. While it has many features I would love in a PVR type unit, it lacks quality. The TV quality is actually worse then my ATI Radeon All in Wonder card driving my 27 inch Destination monitor. It looks like a forst gen TV card with horrible interlacing correction. Even NTSC non progressive DVDs looked horrible as well.

Also, the remote blaster didn't like my Dish 301 remote, so it has no way of controlling my satelite box. Waiting to hear back from tech support on this one, but I have a feeling I will be shipping the unit back anyhow.

I was really looking forward to this. It's a nice case, decent remote, and really nice software, but without decent quality on normal TV, it gets the thumbs down.
Posted by: eliceo

Re: Interact TV Telly device - 06/08/2003 09:05

what about the other features like dvd streaming, how does it acquire such sources anyway? (stupid question, should read more) Is all video playback bad or just that from a TV source?
Posted by: DLF

Re: Interact TV Telly device - 06/08/2003 09:47

Drakino,

I'm surprised you don't have a (LInux-based, btw) DiSH PVR 721 to do many of those PVR-type functions. Or do you connect the 301 to a TiVo or ReplayTV box?
Posted by: JeffS

Re: Interact TV Telly device - 06/08/2003 09:55

Linux based? I had no idea. I suppose that makes two Linux gadgets I own (and arguable the two that have most impacted my lifestyle).
Posted by: drakino

Re: Interact TV Telly device - 06/08/2003 11:44

I was thinking about getting a 721 (and retiring my current DishPlayer), but I thought the Telly might work out better. I haven't seen much at all in the way of hacking the 721, so for now, I am going to borrow a friends ReplayTV unit to use alongside the 301. Better then nothing.