Some Really Great News

Posted by: jimhogan

Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 00:52

Well, I have some really good news, and some not-so-great news.

The great news? I have been Ordained (I shit you not!) and am available to perform weddings for those of you you are in accord, who are competely Aligned. Those of you who are Aligned require no further explanation. I will officiate for a pittance so long as you will cover meals, lodging and business class air travel or a decent rental car from Seattle, WA.

The bad news? Well, I am afraid there's no use beating around the bush. The rest of you can expect to be disinstantiated. Soon. Oh maybe not this Hextemp, but certainly before the end of the 5th. Can you align in time? That's really not for me to say. It is completely up to you. Don't you agree?
Posted by: tman

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 01:08

Umm... Okay... What's that in English for people that haven't read this matchbook/book/site/religion?

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 01:15

Quote:
Umm... Okay... What's that in English for people that haven't read this matchbook/book/site/religion?

Trevor,

I am guessing from your quizzical reply that it is probably too late to begin Tuning.

Sorry, man. Seriously. No hard feelings, eh?
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 01:30

I would mention the religion I think he's talking about, but I don't want to get sued.

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 01:35

Quote:
I would mention the religion I think he's talking about, but I don't want to get sued.

Oh, Mike, don't insult us. *Those* people are freakin' delusional!

We, and I mean that in the most complete sense, have no intention to sue *anyone* (except maybe for a really deliberate case of slander).

Among other things, there's not enough time, is there?
Posted by: Daria

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 02:25

So you're a discordian then?

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 02:34

Quote:
So you're a discordian then?

That would be pretty derivative, wouldn't it? Not to mention pointless. If ever there were a bunch of blooming DIs (no pun intended, but a good one anyway!) they're it.

Sorry, I don't mean to mock those that haven't chosen. I need to go chasten myself for a bit.
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 02:35

I'll have what he's having.

On second thought, make it a double. In fact, just keep 'em coming until I understand this shit.
Posted by: ninti

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 03:54

> I have been Ordained (I [censored] you not!)

ULC? If so then welcome brother Jim to our fold.

Otherwise, die you heathen.
Posted by: siberia37

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 12:35

Quote:

Oh, Mike, don't insult us. *Those* people are freakin' delusional!

Who are *Those* people? I think that's the main problem with society today- everyone blames *Those* people who really don't exist most of the time. If it's the reiligon I think people are talking about would this link get me sued?
Posted by: JeffS

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 16:05

Quote:
Hextemp
google is pretty sure you mean "Hexdump" there . . .
Posted by: Folsom

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 16:13

I think I'll just stick with the Church of the Subgenius.
Posted by: Ezekiel

Re: Some Really Great News - 17/11/2004 20:50

Aah, I feel the need to slack now.

-Zeke
Posted by: ashmoore

Re: Some Really Great News - 18/11/2004 19:16

I felt the need to comment purely because I have absolutely no clue what you just said (or typed, I guess)
Well, I got the good and great news parts, I think, but that bad news bit, hmmmm
Posted by: frog51

Re: Some Really Great News - 19/11/2004 12:07

And for once, Google provides me with no explanation . . .
Posted by: bonzi

Re: Some Really Great News - 19/11/2004 12:47

Quote:
And for once, Google provides me with no explanation . . .

They have not indexed the content of Jim's head, yet
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Some Really Great News - 19/11/2004 14:10

A side effect of aluminum hats - it keeps the spiders out.
Posted by: bonzi

Re: Some Really Great News - 19/11/2004 15:34

Quote:
A side effect of aluminum hats - it keeps the spiders out.

LOL!

Re: Some Really Great News - 20/11/2004 00:00

Quote:
I'll have what he's having.

Well, you know, I woulda guessed that.

But I can't know who's Eligible out there on the BBS, and maybe some of you wouldn't want to speak up anway. But hey, if anybody's Tuning and wants to discuss, just PM me with a key.

Sorry I am late getting back to this thread. I have been out there making some Progress. oh, and I didn't want to stomp all over the "live your life differently" thread, which looks interesting.

Oh, and I didn't want to imply that I would only perform wedding ceremonies for Aligned. I'm open to marrying anyone on a time-and-materials basis (travel costs plus, say, $200 for the ceremony) in what time remains. Getting married is important!

Re: Some Really Great News - 20/11/2004 00:03

Quote:
If it's the reiligon I think people are talking about would this link get me sued?

Those are them. Bunch of wack jobs, aren't they? Hey, but at least the guy with that site is still operating, so they are not all-powerful wack jobs are they?

Re: Some Really Great News - 20/11/2004 00:08

Quote:
google is pretty sure you mean "Hexdump" there . . .

Google seems to have a mind of its own sometimes, doesn't it? No, Text is quite clear. Google is just a tool, after all. What does it really *know*?

Jeff, you are young, smart, and very interested in the truth from what I can tell. I'd say, keep reading.

Re: Some Really Great News - 20/11/2004 00:11

Quote:
I think I'll just stick with the Church of the Subgenius.

It's ironic, not tool long ago I really enjoyed all of that. Boy, if only I had known. Nice icon, Bob, though. Very 50s.

Re: Some Really Great News - 20/11/2004 00:14

Quote:
I felt the need to comment purely because I have absolutely no clue what you just said (or typed, I guess) Well, I got the good and great news parts, I think, but that bad news bit, hmmmm

Yeah, well, the bad news part won't be so good. On the upside, though, none of this short-term stuff should be quite so aggravating. For the long haul, though, I would try toi find some Text, start Tuning.

Gott a go. Back soon.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Some Really Great News - 20/11/2004 18:24

Tuning, huh? So now there's a religion based on the movie "Dark City"?
Posted by: webroach

Re: Some Really Great News - 21/11/2004 08:00

Quote:
Tuning, huh? So now there's a religion based on the movie "Dark City"?

Uhhh....sort of. It's called Gnosticism, and actually the movie "Dark City" was more based on it than it on the movie.

Posted by: PaulWay

Re: Some Really Great News - 22/11/2004 02:08

My guess is that it's something to do with this man.

Re: Some Really Great News - 30/11/2004 01:39

Quote:
Uhhh....sort of. It's called Gnosticism, and actually the movie "Dark City" was more based on it than it on the movie.

Wow. I have seen Dark City, and I have even wandered around some Cathar ruins in Languedoc, but these parallels completely escaped me. So after I read this, I was up at an ordination in Vancouver and I raised these issues, and, well, I will say that it was received like a fart on a submarine. Lucky me. As reward for my efforts at improving the Dialogue, I was given the task of writing up some materials on key differentiators -- something that we can use as a handout before, for lack of a better term, the IPO. Crap, more work.

Anyhow, the Albigensians were hooked on this notion of the world as evil. Well, that can't be, can it? Plus, they were pretty advanced in some respects, but were they object-oriented? Had they even heard of the term??

Re: Some Really Great News - 30/11/2004 01:42

Quote:
My guess is that it's something to do with this man.

Hmmm, that's nifty Tommy Bahama shirt that guy has. Not to be unkind, but his shtick reads like something Oprah would sign up for.