Are you the fastest empeg owner?

Posted by: morrisdl

Are you the fastest empeg owner? - 04/08/2006 12:51

I know I am not, but with the help of this:

http://www.nike.com/nikeplus/

I have been competing in foot races with people all the US and UK. Its been great motivation while training for my 1st marathon.

Anybody else here have one?
Posted by: furtive

Re: Are you the fastest empeg owner? - 04/08/2006 13:08

Races require internal combustion engines as far as I'm concerned
Posted by: eliceo

Re: Are you the fastest empeg owner? - 04/08/2006 14:00

Out of curiousity how much have you spent total?
Posted by: grgcombs

Re: Are you the fastest empeg owner? (Nike+iPod) - 08/08/2006 17:39

I just picked up the nike+ rig last week and have been running since ... As of this morning it's been 15 miles in 7 days. Not bad just coming fresh off the couch.

I highly recommend this setup ... if you don't have an iPod Nano already you'll have some steep initial investments, but it's worth it. It's very motivating.

Feel free to challenge me at nike's website, my login is (spam "at" sleestacks "dot" com)

Greg
Posted by: morrisdl

Re: Are you the fastest empeg owner? (Nike+iPod) - 08/08/2006 18:41

The Ipod nano's go for US$150-250
The integration kit costs US$29
The nike sneakers are US$99

I have seen pictures of folks cutting a hole in old sneakers for the chip or using various methods of attaching it the lasses and getting good results.

I am up to 11 runs and 75 miles on this combo. The web site and the voice prompts are a very good motivator.
Posted by: grgcombs

Re: Are you the fastest empeg owner? (Nike+iPod) - 08/08/2006 19:36

Is your username H20Dog? Can you send me your email address? It won't give it to me even though I accepted the first challenge.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Are you the fastest empeg owner? (Nike+iPod) - 08/08/2006 21:21

Quote:
Feel free to challenge me at nike's website

Now THAT!! is an "online multiplayer game" with some positive benefits. This should get in shape all the stats-loving online challengers (ie: gamers, grid computers, MMORPGers, etc).

If they had a Nike Bike, I'd get into that right now! Heck, maybe they do.