PDF to WORD

Posted by: Taym

PDF to WORD - 30/07/2013 05:04

SO, I was asked if there's a software to convert from PDF to Word format. I was ask by a not particularly computer savvy person, so I was wondering if there's any software to do that in a relatively straightforward way?

My answer as of today would only be OCR, and I am afraid that's not an ideal answer for this person.

Do u guys have any suggestion?

Thank you! smile
Posted by: Phoenix42

Re: PDF to WORD - 30/07/2013 11:47

The version of Adobe Acrobat X that I have on my work laptop does offer that option, I'm sure there are other options. But feel free to send me the document if you want.

Re: PDF to WORD - 30/07/2013 12:20

Originally Posted By: Phoenix42
But feel free to send me the document if you want.

Thank you! It is not for a specific document but more in general, as I understand that conversion is part of this person's workflow.

I'll check that out. I never knew you could do that in Acrobat X.
Posted by: Phoenix42

Re: PDF to WORD - 30/07/2013 12:21

It is under "Save As".

Re: PDF to WORD - 30/07/2013 12:51

Originally Posted By: Phoenix42
It is under "Save As".

Yes, just saw that. Too obvious to think about it. laugh
Posted by: Shonky

Re: PDF to WORD - 30/07/2013 23:00

Remember there is "Acrobat" and "Acrobat Reader". A typical user is not likely to have the full Acrobat.

Acrobat Reader (admittedly v9 on my work machine) can only save as another PDF or as text.

Re: PDF to WORD - 30/07/2013 23:20

Originally Posted By: Shonky
Remember there is "Acrobat" and "Acrobat Reader". A typical user is not likely to have the full Acrobat.

Acrobat Reader (admittedly v9 on my work machine) can only save as another PDF or as text.

Acrobat Reader X will do, actually.
Posted by: Shonky

Re: PDF to WORD - 31/07/2013 08:23

Home now with Acrobat Reader X and whilst it does have that option, it appears to be something you have to pay for via a subscription. It's asking me to login with my Adobe account. I don't have one so not sure whether it's just an account that's required but it does mention a "paid account"

That might be just fine but I presume you're looking for a free solution?
Posted by: StigOE

Re: PDF to WORD - 31/07/2013 09:19

There's a free PDF to Word converter at Hello PDF, but I have no idea how good it works.
Posted by: larry818

Re: PDF to WORD - 01/08/2013 09:50

If you only want the text, and it is text rather than graphicized text, you can just ctrl-A and ctrl-C in acrobat and ctrl-v in word.

Re: PDF to WORD - 02/08/2013 07:38

Originally Posted By: Shonky
Home now with Acrobat Reader X and whilst it does have that option, it appears to be something you have to pay for via a subscription. It's asking me to login with my Adobe account. I don't have one so not sure whether it's just an account that's required but it does mention a "paid account"

That might be just fine but I presume you're looking for a free solution?

Shonky

1. You are right, I did not test it. I just saw the option and assumed.
2. This particular persone does have Adobe Acrobat X Pro, full version, with a full featured local version, so the problem was actually solved thanks to you pointig me to that.

No, unfortunately I do not need just text. Moreover, often what you see as text in a PDF document is in fact "not" from a tech perspective, and you're not able to select it.
I'll see how 2. above works. I do not have Acorbat X on this machine, so I can't test myself now.

Thank you again!
Posted by: drakino

Re: PDF to WORD - 20/02/2016 00:09

Updating this somewhat old thread, Word 2013 or 2016 natively can import PDFs, and converts them to a Word document for editing. The document can be resaved back out to PDF.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article...DB-233379C2F63A