Trade Palm V/x GPS for Laptop GPS

Posted by: grgcombs

Trade Palm V/x GPS for Laptop GPS - 14/03/2002 23:18

I've got the Rand Mcnally GPS device (with 12v adapter) and streetmap software for the Palm Pilot V/Vx handheld. I don't use it at all. I'd much rather have a gps sensor for the laptop/empeg. Anyone want to trade?

Your gps device must have the following:
NMEA (or whatever) output, not Earthmate
Serial connection, not USB.

I would prefer a full on gps sensor (no display, not handheld), but I'm desperate and would consider a handheld with serial and auto power.

Greg

Re: Trade Palm V/x GPS for Laptop GPS - 08/04/2002 12:32

Nevermind, bought a Garmin 16.

If anyone wants to buy a palm V/vx gps, let me know.

g
Posted by: jbauer

Re: Trade Palm V/x GPS for Laptop GPS - 10/04/2002 02:40

I've been considering the Garmin ColorMap for a while now. I wish it was smaller. I really want the address to address features... Any other recommendations for another device with a similar feature set? Anyone know if Garmin plans to come out with a version that's smaller?

- Jon
Posted by: svferris

Re: Trade Palm V/x GPS for Laptop GPS - 10/04/2002 16:18

Just curious, what would you want for the Palm GPS? Does it only work with the V series of the Palm?

Re: Trade Palm V/x GPS for Laptop GPS - 10/04/2002 16:20

Not sure if you saw the other GPS thread, but everybody recommends checking out the Garmin V. It does turn-by-turn and is the size of a handheld GPS. Probably what I'm going to end up with.

Re: Trade Palm V/x GPS for Laptop GPS - 10/04/2002 18:16

How's $90 sound? It only works with the V/Vx series palms, not the newer ones or the III series. Comes with a cigarette lighter adapter.

g
Posted by: robricc

Re: Trade Palm V/x GPS for Laptop GPS - 10/04/2002 18:24

in case anyone is reading this that wants a Palm III GPS, I have one. It was used once or twice. I think I have the software also (Rand McNally). I will sell it cheap. I repeat... CHEAP.

Re: Trade Palm V/x GPS for Laptop GPS - 10/04/2002 20:32

I actually have a Palm III, not V. Rob, I'll drop you an email.