BEWARE - Buyloud.com

Posted by: philp69

BEWARE - Buyloud.com - 03/07/2002 11:25

Disclaimer: This is just a friendly warning to anyone considering buying car audio stuff from buyloud.com.

Several months ago I bought some Diamond Audio components from them. The items arrived quickly and as expected. On their website they state they honor the mfg's full warrantee. After about a month or so I had to send the tweeters back for repair (sounded like the silk was coming loose). That was back in April and I still have not received them back, even after 2 emails, filling out their web form and trying to call them (impossible to actually speak to anyone).

When I ordered from them originally, ISTR checking their BBB rating and it looked OK. Yesterday I checked again (as well as filed a complaint) and they now have a horrible rating.

Hopefully no one else from here will have to deal with their non-existent customer support....

Cheers,
Phil

Posted by: tonyc

Re: BEWARE - Buyloud.com - 03/07/2002 11:46

Hmm. You bought something, send it back, and they haven't responded to your inquiries.

Time to cancel the charges on your credit card and see if they suddenly notice your existence.
Posted by: philp69

Re: BEWARE - Buyloud.com - 03/07/2002 11:48

I actually bought them quite some time ago - around December 2001. Can you dispute a charge from that far back?

Phil
Posted by: tonyc

Re: BEWARE - Buyloud.com - 03/07/2002 11:51

Depends on your credit card company, I guess.