config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice

Posted by: miko

config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 13/07/2003 06:04

Hi,
using hijack v340, I am having problems with options in config.ini.
My notice=1 in [options] does not output anything to console (as I understand it should), but entry in /proc/empeg_notice is OK.
I also get following error:
Hijack: intercepting config.ini

[hijack] ERROR: "fake_tuner=1"
[hijack] ERROR: "ir_debug=1"
[hijack] ERROR: "trace_tuner=1"
[hijack] ERROR: "suppress_notify=0"
[hijack] ERROR: "kftpd_verbose=1"
[hijack] ERROR: "khttpd_verbose=1"

These are the options I put in config.ini, according to the FAQ.
Am I missing something here?
Posted by: tarkie

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 13/07/2003 07:04

No quotes, and in a [hijack] section?

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 13/07/2003 07:22

No quotes, and in a [hijack] section?

"yes" and "yes", here it is:

# tail -9 config.ini
[hijack]
fake_tuner=1
ir_debug=1
trace_tuner=1
suppress_notify=0
kftpd_verbose=1
khttpd_verbose=1
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 13/07/2003 07:33

Question: how did you edit your file? Could it be that you have extra ^M characters (from a WinTel based editor) at the end of those lines?

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 13/07/2003 07:54

Question: how did you edit your file? Could it be that you have extra ^M characters (from a WinTel based editor) at the end of those lines?

No, I am using vi under linux, and transfer the file by ftp to the player. Other entries are OK (I have also added notify=1 in [output], and it partially works - no serial but /proc OK).
I also have moved the [hijack] section from the end to the begining of the config.ini file - no change.
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 13/07/2003 08:12

Hmm...

Can you post your entire (well, edit out personal data) config.ini? I am wondering if there is a some kind of conflict somewhere. Otherwise, those options should work...

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 13/07/2003 09:44

Can you post your entire (well, edit out personal data) config.ini? I am wondering if there is a some kind of conflict somewhere. Otherwise, those options should work...

So it may be something with my kernel - I have recompiled it (but i think i didn't change anything important).
I have shortened config.ini just to test it - I get the same errors. The file below is exactly as used by me - there is no personal data but it works anyways. Note that entries from the begining and end of file seem to be OK. It is just [hijack] section causing errors. I could suspect there is no hijack kernel, but it is there: it certainly works, and errors are pritned out after "Hijack: intercepting config.ini".

[synchronise]
seq_num=27
[hijack]
fake_tuner=1
ir_debug=1
trace_tuner=1
suppress_notify=0
kftpd_verbose=1
khttpd_verbose=1
[output]
notify=1
timecodes=1
Posted by: tfabris

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 13/07/2003 10:21

So it may be something with my kernel - I have recompiled it (but i think i didn't change anything important).
So the obvious thing to do would be to put Mark's compiled kernels back onto the player and see if the problem goes away...

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 13/07/2003 11:42

So the obvious thing to do would be to put Mark's compiled kernels back onto the player and see if the problem goes away...

It did not Which is what I expected, because I did not make any significant changes in my build.
What may be important - I am using v3 alpha player software. Could this be a problem? I understand that additional options are built into hijack kernel, but maybe the kernel uses some code (which could change) from the player software?
Posted by: mlord

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 14/07/2003 01:40

The ^M characters should not matter much to Hijack, unless I've made an error somewhere.

Cheers

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 14/07/2003 01:40

Okay, now put back the original full config.ini file, and show it (all!) to us.

Thanks

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 14/07/2003 01:42

Ah.. I know what's going on. The ONLY possibility here is, trying to use a Mk1 Hijack kernel on a Mk2(a) player...

Re: config.ini problems / fake_tuner, notice - 14/07/2003 01:43

Or, I suppose, the player may be a Mk1, in which case all of those rejected Hijack options are due to them not being appropriate for a Mk1 -- they apply to Mk2(a) only.

Cheers