Looking at an upcoming Xterra install....

Posted by: mwest

Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 20/06/2003 14:57

Good evening all...

I'm selling my Spyder, and in the process ending up with a Nissan Xterra. However it doesn't seem like anyone's done it before or at least they're not very proud of it. I've checked Xterra forums with no real result. Anyone out there have their empeg in an Xterra?

Re: Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 21/06/2003 18:46

I've hit a snag... My sister had a Sony CDX-C5000X laying around so I hooked everything up to find no sound. On inspection the inputs that I thought said aux say bus. Any ideas? The player outputs just fine so its not the wiring harness. Unfortunately the Sony website has the manual to my hu pointed at the wrong place.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 21/06/2003 20:46

I think there's adapters for the Sony bus input that'll turn it into an Aux?
Posted by: cookie_77

Re: Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 21/06/2003 23:53

http://www.connects2.co.uk/

C.
Posted by: jbradshw

Re: Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 24/06/2003 19:47

Well I can't give any comments on the Xterra, but I have a Pathfinder which is double-din. If the Xterras are too (which I'm pretty sure they are) then the install is pretty much cake. The hardest part I had was squeezing both mounting brackets (3rd party HU and Empeg) together in the space.
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 25/06/2003 07:38

I think there's adapters for the Sony bus input that'll turn it into an Aux?

True...but they're pretty pricey. Search for the Sony XA-107 (I think discontinued but try ebay) or the XA-300 if the unit has a Unilink port on it.

EDIT: here's a XA-300 on ebay

Re: Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 25/06/2003 17:39

I'm going with the XA-300, very cool. Its one of those Sony creations that's really cool, but I never would have shelled out the cash unless they basically made me.
Posted by: tman

Re: Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 25/06/2003 19:44

Interesting... it's got a USB port on it as well. If you ever need to plug a laptop in then it'll be easy.

Re: Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 26/06/2003 06:18

Right, this thing has got 2 aux in's, a usb port, and an 1/8 out port with its own volume control which runs separately from the main stereo. Meaning if I'm listen to the news on the radio a passenger could still be listening to the empeg.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 02/07/2003 19:34

Yeah, Sony made all kinds of cool switching stuff, but it seems like it's discontinued. There was the Sony source switcher (XA-700?) but that's gone. I had to go with the Precision Instrument Electronics MPSS-400 (or something) to do my switching. Works well though.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 02/07/2003 19:58

Precision Instrument Electronics MPSS-400 (or something)

Got a link to it ?
Posted by: Yang

Re: Looking at an upcoming Xterra install.... - 04/07/2003 07:00

Perhaps he meant the MPSS-4?