"Your player is not registered" on 2.0b3

Posted by: andy

"Your player is not registered" on 2.0b3 - 06/11/2001 08:26

I have had this a couple of times now. I try to run emplode and I get a message saying "Your player is not registered, please re-run the setup" (or something very similar). I then have to reinstall emplode before it will work again.

Posted by: tfabris

Re: "Your player is not registered" - 06/11/2001 08:27

What version of the software are you using?

Re: "Your player is not registered" - 06/11/2001 08:28

2.0beta3 (I remembered I had forgot it and edited the subject line just as you were replying)
Posted by: Roger

Re: "Your player is not registered" - 06/11/2001 09:32

No, you're not. You're attempting to run the v1.0 emplode. That message appears nowhere in the v2.0 source code -- mainly because v2.0 emplode doesn't care.

Re: "Your player is not registered" - 06/11/2001 10:07

That is very strange. Both times I was running it I was running it from the Riocar program group and I had previously uninstalled v1.03 so I can't see how I could have been running the wrong version.

If it happens again I will try and work out how I can possibly be running the wrong version...
Posted by: tfabris

Re: "Your player is not registered" - 06/11/2001 10:18

Various versions of the software installed to different locations on your hard disk. Prior to 1.03, it was in a different place.

Scour your Add/Remove Programs panel for "Rio Emplode" "Rio Car Emplode" "Empeg Car" and anything similar, deinstall all of them. Then do a hard disk search on emplode*.*

Re: "Your player is not registered" - 06/11/2001 10:26

I did this before installing 2.0 the last time, which is why I am puzzled as to where the old emplode it being run from...