THIS IS EARLY RELEASE CODE. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. I only stress this on this release because mirroring automatically removes nodes from certain playlists. Obviously if this explodes and goes insane, it could hypothetically delete other nodes. But I haven't had that happen -- I just want to be clear that this is called a prerelease version for a reason.

Support for mirroring soup playlists as player playlists
From the FAQ:

"Mirror Paste" is a special variant of the standard Paste (of Copy-and-Paste fame) command. Basically, you select a soup tree node (like "Artists/Albums") and press the copy command. Then go to a playlist somewhere on your Empeg and press the "Mirror Paste" command. In a moment (depending on the number of entries) you should have a light gray mirror of your soup playlist as a normal playlist. The mirror will not stay up-to-date dynamically like the other soups, but rather it will only update right after you hit the Synchronize button (just prior to syncing your other changes).
Note that this is a true mirror in that if you put other things into the mirrored playlists, they will be deleted when the mirroring occurs (i.e. to keep it in sync for added and removed entries in the soup). This is why they are grayed out. They will likely become read-only in a future release.

Also note that this mirror is basically a pointer to another location in your Emplode tree. That means that it only continues to mirror as long as its referent is still in existence. Basically this means that if you mirror the "Artists" soup, but then go and modify your soup settings and remove the "Artists" soup from jEmplode (using custom soup playlists), the mirror will no longer work (since there's nothing to mirror anymore). I will likely go back later and resolve this issue, but it will require a bit of a redesign of the way soups work inside of jEmplode so that the "soup logic" is reusable such that when something matches the soup criteris ("Artist=James Taylor") for a playlist, it can either create a fake playlist (ala old-school soup) or it can create Empeg Playlists (ala hot-new mirroring).

Support for cancelling a sync
Hit cancel during sync and it will stop after the current song is finished uploading. If people really want cancelling in the middle, it probably can be done. Playlists are synced at the end, so if you put new tunes in playlists but cancel in the middle, the tunes will be uploaded but their association with the playlists will likely not be there (so look in "All" Soup for them)

"colored" virtual tag that returns "true" if the node is colored
You know right-click "Mark as Colored" or whatever it is... this is a fake tag that you can search on in advanced search

"tracknumber" virtual tag that returns the first digits of the "tracknr" tag
If your "tracknr" tag is "14 of 20", "tracknumber" will return "14"

Fixed wendy flag/filter rename to use 1.3 rather than 1.4 API
whoops.

Set Playlist Order properly invalidates the current playlist node
the playlist tree view wasn't refreshing its order when you hit set playlist order (though it was working actually)

jempeg.playlist.columns renamed to jempeg.playlist.columnNames and uses tag name instead of index now
In .jempegrc, I stored your column preferences as indexes into a list. That was because the list was fixed before... Now with dynamic tags (i.e. you can just add new tags and sort on them, etc) that list is changing and the indexes aren't reliable. The downside of this is that your columns will reset now.

XML and CSV writers use ISO-8859-1 encoding
Yep.

Forgot to list this on the site, but Column Selector uses the "pretty name" of tags now too rather than the internal tag name ("Tracker Number" instead of "tracknr").

Mike