... take more care over the trimming, and seated the plastic slightly higher.
That will do it. The clearance only needs to be widened a wee tiny bit. The slightest adjustment will be enough (at least on my Mk2).

We don't plan to send replacement handles to existing clients
Fair. I could easily live with it were you not able to adjust the face. My only reason for mentioning it was to give you a chance to avoid this on the next thousands of Mk2s and get them even closer to being perfect . That's what the first 40 are for, aren't they?

The finish of the handle is something we're not 100% happy with (..)it does seem to wear a little unevenly. .
Yeh, but only very slightly. The reason that one *can* see it is because of the light that directly strikes the edge of the handle from above, exactly there where the handle is most susceptible to show the wear. You may want to consider to move the edge of the handle into the shadow of the face, by either setting back the handle a nit deeper in the face, by smoothing the 90 degree edge along the top of the handle, or by making the face a fraction thicker at the bottom so that it sits deeper in the face.

Now that some of you have seen your Mk.2 players (..) would you like it in silver? Silver handle, silver bolts, light grey fascia and metallic controls.
I was amongst the crowd asking you to keep the Mk2 simple. Well, you have done so and it looks absolutely great. I don't think a silver model will look good in my car, but that's because of the car; not the Mk2. Definitely something to pursue as an option and for advertising / shows. It'll look great.

While on the subject of looks: the wingshaped window that surrounds the display makes the display to appear much bigger than on the Mk1. Especially in random line visuals like the 'Tunnel'-whatever, it looks as if the visual moves around within a much larger window than the display allows.

By the way, the new plastic for existing owners (..)should go out early next week.
Where is the cost for the plastics? If it is in shipping, handling and margin, you could, may be, offer a set of different colours at a reasonable price?

Henno
mk2 nr 6