cblake: I am interested in mass-cutting the foam for the 1400's. I enjoyed cutting the foam for my unit and I think I could create a process to greatly speed the process and produce very clean results.

So, what is community's interest for getting your Pelican 1400 foam cut for the empeg? If we could do it as part of the group buy, it would be beneficial for everyone.

Personally, I did my 1400 in the empeg + Alpine faceplate configuration (as seen in sphengali's and jets' installs. In this configuration, the empeg is on the left side of the case and the alpine faceplate is on the right side. However, in the mass production, I could have the right side in an optional different configuration: maybe a big square to hold usb + ethernet + rca + whatever else.

So, let me know your interest and any ideas for the right side of the case. Also, does anyone in the group buy have an Alpine deck and want the standard cut I would provide? Thanks.