i've been thinking about a couple of features that would be compliment the crc checking pretty well. i tried to interpret the jemplode source and see if i could try and implement it myself, but my java is just too amateurish.

i usually drag my whole mp3 folder to sync up my empeg w/ the hdd. of course, this takes time w/ the crc check on 30+gigs... so i end up leaving it for a few minutes. if you can have a toggle in the configuration to auto-sync after adding/dragging folders, then it would be great.

the next thing that i thought up was to shorten the amount of time to crc check. i was thinking a local database with 4 fields {filename, datemodified, song-crc, tags-crc}. the tags-crc would consist of both id3v1 and v2. the logic goes like this:

(no change) if the filename / date are the same, crc checks do not happen.
(additional file or filename change) new filename, crc checks happens. it then checks if theres a song-crc and tag-crc that matches already. if so, it updates the filename. if not, then gets appeneded to the database.
(tag change only) crc checks happen. if the song-crc is equal but tag-crc is not, tags get modified on the empeg to match the local song.

the tag-change this is a special case, since most tagging software do not change the datemodified, and therefore wouldnt be caught. a seperate button to do a full rescan of crc-checks would solve that. i'm sure i'm missing some more logic, but you get the idea. this would give an awesome speed boost to the checking, dont you think? or would this be too hard to implement?