You know I have the same sort of problem.. I am #14229 in queue, I have the money ...er, wait.. I have a VISA, not the money :P, but it's reaching it's 'limit' from other purchases slowly..

My other problem is that I have a brand new car (ok, in two weeks I've driven almost 4000 kilometers with it - a VW Golf V6), but I do NOT have any head-unit installed yet.. This is causing terrible anguish as I've always listened to music in car -- the V6's PURR of a motor-sound has kept me satisfied for the first two weeks but now I seem to be aching for a stereo set..

I've been having these terrible 'moments' since the end of last week - a couple of times I've already been trying to BUY a CD-stereo player for my car but some strange occurences have made me fail in this.. makes me wonder what dark offerings the guys at Empeg have made to whatever Goddesses they worship ;P ;P

- I went to a local 'top notch' in car hifi store but their display room was under reconstruction..

- I've found myself stuck in strange 'road construction' traffic jams, thus arriving at the stores at an hour that is too late for any serious install-work (the notion of maybe-they-had-time-to-install-something-now). Not to mention the fact that I'd like to browse around for the right equipment.

- I went to the local VW dealer for 'connector parts' as I heard the VW wirings are different even though the plugs may look the same.. But a large plastic bag got stuck and burned in the exhaust pipes under the car - forced me to stop, lift the car up and to scrape it off.. Of course the guy at the 'parts' section left exactly at 4pm..

Right at this moment I'm feeling content waiting for the Empeg but the matter keeps nagging me every time I set my foot in the little Golf.. (and my birthday is in September so I won't get that boost either :)) I'm looking forward to keeping the Empeg as my only head-unit in the car so having two units is not really an option..

Antti 'Amarth' Luostarinen
I am the impatient #14229 in queue
try BatMUD - telnet bat.org ;)