"Yeah but they still drive like poo and use too much fuel"

If my vehicle drives like poo, I have to deal with it (actually, I like how it drives). If it uses too much gas, I pay extra. If I pollute or simply do not know how to drive, then you can become concerned.

My life is mine, not yours. You should only become involved when my actions actually affect you personally. I'm sure you would get just as upset if I started berating you on your life.

I keep my SUV well-tuned. I know how to drive. I do not drive it when it is possible to walk or take alternative transportation. The main reason I own my vehicle is because it makes more sense for me to possess than other vehicles.

That said, the debate at hand is about how safe these vehicles are. I am inclined to take heed of the statistics on collisions. I really doubt SUVs are more dangerous for their occupants. As far as rollovers, I have known numerous people who have died in car accidents. I have never seen a vehicle that has rolled over or HEARD of anybody who has ever had that happen to them, with the exception of one incident. In that case, a group of college guys were doing a prank and drove off of pavement onto a gravel road at 80 miles per hour. The guy who didn't have his seatbelt on (because he was tied up and blindfolded in the trunk) was killed. The others were not seriously hurt.

-Biscuits