If I understand you correctly - the first batch (WX) were a grab-whats-available, and this second batch will be too. It seems to me that the situation has been (a) place a large order, or (b) grab what's available, and that situation isn't likely to change anytime soon.

That appears to offer 3 options;
1) Always use the 'grab' mode, and try to assign them appropriately, as you have suggested.
2) Be more patient with the grab mode to try and get the modules you want in the batch size you want.
3) Get 200 people to pre-order. (And, obviously, have confidence that they will all actually pay)

None of those options is optimal - Rocks and hard places spring to mind.

I wonder though...as I understand it, you'd 'only' need about another 90 or so orders to hit the 200 minimum quantity (assuming you didn't take the 100 already on offer). But that's a whole load of cash to outlay on a promise.

I think that you have to do what you feel comfortable with financially. I (and many others I am sure) appreciate the hard work and risk that you have put into this kit. Given the choice between a tuner or no tuner, I'll take the tuner.

Ultimately, if someone has a real problem with this, then their only real option is to wait in the hope that at some point WX modules do become available again in a palatable quantity.