Hi,
One of our customers has asked me to research options for storing and retrieving files for them, and since this place is the fount of all knowledge I thought I'd ask here first.

The customer wants to have a system which their customers can use to retrieve or store files in their own private folders (using HTTPS protocols).

Think of this as like a set of secure, web accessible (via HTTP protocol) web store.

They have two options for products:

1. They rent some space off of a company and then sublet this space to their customers to use portions of.

2. They buy some software and host this software/service on their (Probably Windows) servers in-house and customers then rent the space from them.

We are talking a total storage capability of probably under 100-200MB in total and the main requirements are for secure (HTTPS) based sending and retrieval/polling of said folders.

Each customer would ideally have a secure login/password and would have to have access only to their assigned storage "area" [no common areas].

The clients that do the sending and retrieving of the files will be PC based and will be running a OS like Windows 2000.

Anyone got any existing products or knows of companies that offer this service.

In principle this is very similar to companies that offer web based file storage e.g. for backups etc. But I don't know of any products off the top of my head.
So any input is appreciated.

BTW: This is not some illegal file swapping operation, it merely boring stuff like commercial invoices and the like, but the principles are probably the same.