This has been documented before, but I thought we could start a new thread on it so we could get to the bottom of the issue.

Here are the steps to reproduce the bug (assuming working Hijack/GPSapp/GPS receiver):

- Boot the player.
- Listen to a piece of music at a moderate volume level.
- Enter Hijack.
- Enter GPSapp.
- On mine it comes up to the satellite screen. Wait for it to show locked satellites.
- Select a route.
- Hold down the bottom button to switch to the map display.
- Use the left and right front-panel buttons to zoom in and out of the map. Note that they work.
- Press the top button to exit GPSapp, then again to exit hijack.
- Enter Hijack.
- Enter GPSapp.
- GPSapp is still running so it's still on the map screen with the route already loaded.
- Press the right front-panel button.
- Instead of zooming the map, it begins fast-forwarding the song.

I can do the above steps pretty consistently. It always behaves properly the first time into GPSapp, and almost always fails the second time I enter GPSapp (as listed above).

What the fast-forward tells me is that the buttonDOWN event for the front-panel button got "lost" by either hijack or GPSapp, and instead passed through to the player app. The following event, the buttonUP event, did not pass through to the player app, but it didn't do anything useful/visible for GPSapp either (if it even got trapped by GPSapp/hijack at all).

So what we need to find out is...

- What's happening?
- Is it in the GPSapp code or the Hijack code?
- Who's gonna fix it?

I'd be willing to test any debug builds of either GPSapp or Hijack that anyone wants to throw my direction.