I wish I had photos of every step, so you could see what all the options looked like as we were trying to figure out what to do.

The empeg would fit at the bottom, but the problem is that the map pocket and the empeg are just plain incompatible. You might be able to hack the map pocket, though. The way the fascia and map pocket are designed is that the pocket sits underneath the flange on the fascia. The pocket has an attached ring type section that the radio sits in. The radio is also supposed to sit under the fascia flange. Unfortunately, the empeg is designed to sit on top of that flange. That flange on the fascia is meant to take the place of the empeg face -- but you can't take that off, as you need the handle.

What you end up with is the empeg that needs to sit on top of the existing flange, and a map pocket that can only sit under the flange, which leaves a gap of about 1/4" between the empeg and the face of the map pocket, which looked like crap.

The plastic sections you see surrounding my empeg is actually a sandwich. There's a large piece of plastic glued on the back (where the pocket would be mounted), then there are the visible pieces you see that were cut to shape, and velcroed onto the back piece. With the two pieces of plastic plus the thickness of the velcro, the front plastic now sits flush with the edge of the empeg sled, which was sunk into the fascia flange.