Hey, speaking of favorite brits...

A number of years ago, our local PBS station ran an old situation comedy from England. I do not remember its title or the names of the actors. But the premise was that it was a nice couple who lived in a rural area out in the country, and their new neighbors were formerly filthy-rich city folk suddenly "caste down", who now had to cope with doing mundane day-to-day living tasks that they'd never had to do before.

An example of one of the show's gags: The neighbor wife wants to know why her vacuum cleaner started whistling all of a sudden, and needs to have it explained that the bag must be emptied once in a while. Sub-gag: The male predilection for trying to find the most complicated possible thing wrong with a gadget in order to fix it, when a simple "empty the bag" will do.

Anyone got the name of the series and the actors? Reason: The leading lady might get my vote for favorite British superstar. I thought she was just so cute. And I don't necessarily mean attractive or sexy (although I think she had those qualities as well), I mean she had one of those faces that makes you go "awwwwww, she's so CUTE".