OK. I'll get to the projector in general, but can I just say "HDTV. Holy Sh$t." It's awesome. It's one thing to hear about the specs, it's another thing to see an 8 foot wide projection of HDTV that looks better in every respect than my 36" Wega. That the image has enough resolution to look awesome at that size is pretty impressive. The HBO HD movies look almost like film (and I'm not even sure they're not downrez'ed) and the live events pretty much look like you're looking through a window at them. If only the HD TiVo would come out (I forgot how completely spoiled I was) -- I was watching Spiderman in HD on HBO and wanted to pause it. Uh.. Pause. Hmm... Nope.

As far as the projector itself, I really love it. The HS10 is an LCD projector and so comes with all the standard caveats of an LCD projector -- blacks are cinema black, shadow detail isn't awesome, contrast/brightness aren't great. And I can't say I wouldn't like a little bit better in every category, but for the price ($2350) it's just amazing. Not to mention the full 1080i support. I'm going to be getting a CC40R filter which is supposed to bring a lot more balance to the contrast/black/shadow detail issue. However, even stock it looks really really good.

And I must say, the homemade ceiling mount looks pretty cool too (based off of the specs from an avsforum person).

And this is all projecting on a bedsheet (screen arrives Friday). My wife was out of town and wasn't terribly happy that apparently I chose the most expensive bedsheet to staple to our wall. Whoops.

Three thumbs up to the HS10.

ms