OTOH, I'm a contractor working for the federal government and in our office are two government employees who are here to "help" us. By "help" I mean they draw 80K a year to insert themselves into the development lifecycle under the guise of helping our product stay "certified" and then refuse to do any work toward meeting that goal. Recent conversation:

Me: “I have a new product I need to get certified ASAP”
Mordoc: Looking up from solitaire game. “You need to have certification before developing a new product”
Me: “The client wanted to see a working copy before giving us the go-ahead, so we went ahead and developed a prototype.”
Mordoc: “You should have laid out your product specifications before doing any development work.”
Me: “But the user wasn’t sure what they wanted until they saw an example. I didn’t have any product specifications.”
Mordoc: “The regulations state you need to have product specifications before doing any development work.”
Me: Gives Mordoc a blank stare. Then finally: “ummm. Ok, here are my specifications for a product I need to develop.”
Mordoc: Shifts uncomfortably. “I’m not sure what I can do about it now, I’ll get back with you.” Returns to all important solitaire game.

My resolution? I went above his head to another person who was able to get the program certified, no questions asked. “Mordoc” was effectively cut out of the loop, which suited him just fine. All-in-all, I'd say the whole system is messed up pretty bad if these guys can sit around and play solitaire all day while our educators are getting paid a fraction of what they’re worth to society.