People need to learn LEATHER INTERIORS AND SUNROOFS ARE NOT NEEDS THEY ARE WANTS. SEPARATE THE TWO.
After owning cloth interior cars for 4 years, then getting leather in my new Saturn, it is now a must for me. Why? Well Colorado always has dry as hell air, and getting out of a cloth interior always led to nasty shocks. I swore it was only a matter of time before I would blow up a gas station by forgetting to discharge the static before grabbing the gas pump.

To prove there are at least some nice people out there, I have had 2 seperate sales people comment on how much they liked dealing with me, and one made the comment that I could have easially been elsewhere buying a more expensive vehicle. I mostly knew what I wanted, I didn't haggle over much, and in general I was very nice. I felt it was the least I could do for how nicely they treated me.

Of course, I have an interesting test for any company I deal with. I see how much they pay attention to appearance without talking to someone. I am rarley in anything more then a t-shirt and jeans. If someone won't even approach me in a store, I deem that store not worth my time. The Ford dealership did this, and lost 2 car sales now due to it. American Furniture Warehouse will not get the chance to sell me a house load of things due to them ignoring me now on 3 seperate attempts. And a local high end home entertainment store lost all my interest to Soundtrack when they also ignored me while inquiring about high end equipment.

On the other hand, Voelker Research will have several more computer sales from me, Soundtrack will probably be where I buy a high end HDTV next year, and Saturn will continue to take care of my car needs until I outgrow their price range. (Or can afford insurance on anything better).

Overall, the best transaction I probably ever have had was buying my motorcycle. That sales person was trying really hard to do anything for me, since he didn't have to do his job. I simply walked in, asked if they had a Black Suzuki Bandit, and he led me to one. I sat on it, and intentionally interrupted his sales speech with "Here is the check I intend to fill out to buy this bike. How do we get this process started?". He in turn got me $300 off my accessories in their store, even though it was a promotion that had ended a week before.