Good point, I think some of the guys in the US are probably not aware that most buses and similar vehicles in Northern Europe don't have AC. We are just not used to these type of temperatures.

It nearly reached 100 degrees F here in the UK yesterday and it has been the major news story for the last three days (since they forecasted we would beat the UK record and cross the 100 degree mark). In the end we didn't cross the 100 degree F mark, so the UK record stood. London did have it's hottest day in recorded history though.

On a related point the last couple of days have been a good test for my "server room" (the roof space above my garage). While it got hot in there yesterday it stayed cooler than the outside temperature and cooler than my office used to get with the servers in there.

http://dipsy.norman.cx/mrtg/temp.html

My server room peaked at 34 degrees C, my office used to get closer to 40 degrees C. I know these still aren't ideal temperatures for PCs, but without AC it is the best I can do. At least most of the rest of the year they spend their time at 10 degrees C...