Can anyone shed light on this problem for me? It's never happened before tonight, so I'm inclined to think that some recent Windows Update has broken something... I'm running WinXP.

Attached is the first error messages I received. Emplode reported:

"Synchronize failed while restarting player. Read on socket failed (error 0x8004003d)

Secondly, I got an ordinary Windows error message before Emplode died:

The instruction at "0x73dd1351" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".

Every time I try to do a sync, with or without any changes having been made, it reports similar errors. I'll dig out my serial cable to get a dump of what's going on, but that's going to be at least a couple of days because I lent it to a friend (wonderful timing!) and won't see him again until the weekend.

It's probably been a month or two since the last time I uploaded any songs, but I'll try to use the Windows Restore thingy to roll-back to a suitable time and see if it's any of the recent updates.

For what it's worth, I have my PC and Empeg connected to a Netgear RP114 router, but I haven't noticed any other problems around my internal network. My ISP connection (NTL cable broadband) has been somewhat temperamental over the last couple of weeks but has settled down again (which I've been assuming to be typical NTL quality of service) so there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the router. I don't have any firewalls installed, and I've just virus checked my network and everything is clean, so it's not that either.

I'm giving up now (after a frustrating evening), but I hope someone can help out!

Attachments
174767-Empeg Crash.gif (188 downloads)