I currently have a mixed homepna2.0 and ethernet network. I'm using a single netgear homepna->ethernet bridge, and all my homepna clients are simply that... clients.

I now need ethernet in my living room due to getting a ps2 network adapter, and so that I can use my old dreamcast network adapter as well. I can't run ethernet drops as I'm in an apartment, and don't want to drag a cord 50 feet from my computer room to the living room.

I have a rio receiver in my living room, though, running off of homepna...

I thought about buying another ethernet->homepna bridge, but the following things have stopped me:
-150$ price
-sold out everywhere I see... maybe end of lifed?
-rio receiver has an ethernet port and a homepna port, just like the bridge!

Is there any way that I can use the rio to do this for me? The end result would be that I'd keep the rio powered on all the time. I'd like to be able to use it as both a bridge (no nat or anything, just 100% bridging) and to play music at the same time.

Does it have enough horsepower/ram/etc for this?

I feel all I should need to do is compile iptables for arm and load it in with 2-3 rules or something like that, but I've got no idea where to start...

Anyone with any thoughts or ideas?
I'm currently running jreceiver, so it'd be easy to load in replacement files for the receiver.