Quote:

Only on playback in Elperepat's plugin do the lyrics and the music get desynchronized.

If you are using Elperepat's plugin to do the tagging, it comes out fine, based on when you click the button, and when you play the songs back in Emphatic, they come out fine. At least that's been my experience.

I'm afraid my problem is different. If I take a fresh set of lyrics and play through the song, beginning to end, just once, using the SYLT Plugin to create the time-stamps, I find that when playing back the song on the empeg through emphatic the lyrics will progressively lead the vocals by up to a second by the end of the song. Playback in WinAmp is fine, with the SYLT Plugin.

If I take the same song and follow the same procedure with XMMS-SingIt, the lyrics and vocals on the empeg are in perfect sync. If I then play the XMMS-SingIt tagged mp3 through WinAmp and the SYLT Plugin, the lyrics will progressively lag behind the vocals. Comparing the XMMS-SingIt .lrc file to the SYLT Pluggin time-stamps reveals the same progressive discrepancy in time-stamps as the song progresses.

Maybe it is a VBR problem after all?

I'm using WinAmp 5.05 with SYLT Plugin 1.3.0, and emphatic 2.04.

Ross