Any particular reason why now in 1.02, that when flipping between Equaliser settings the Disc - REW/FF (on remote) buttons dont flip between presets?

Yeah, Mike said in the release notes that they had changed some of the remote buttons in the EQ user interface. This is because the new remote has different sets of buttons, and the layout needed to be tweaked just a tiny bit.

When the main Preset field is active, use the volume buttons to cycle the preset. When the individual bars are active, use the volume buttons to raise and lower the bars.

And it seems that the Empeg is "forgetting" what equaliser settings are used in docked and undocked situations.

I haven't experienced this...

I had the Empeg setting as "CD Player" when I pulled it this morning to go into work, and when I dropped it on my desk, it should have been in "Headphones" but it was stuck in the previous setting.

Ah. You're confusing how the docked/undocked EQ works. It doesn't switch presets when you dock/undock it. It works differently. Here is how it works:

- There are 16 presets.
- You can assign a name to each of those 16 presets.
- Each of those 16 presets has two personalities, one for car-docked mode and one for AC power mode.
- When you plug it into the car, you get (and can adjust) the car personality of each of the presets.
- When you plug it in at home, you get (and can adjust) the home personality of each of the presets.
- The home and car personality of each preset share the same name. Preset number seven has only one name. However it has two personalities which appear depending on where it's plugged in.

This is the way the EQ has behaved since the early beta days, so this isn't a 1.02-specific thing.

Does that help?