I noticed that the lyrics to many of the songs on TMBG's "The Spine" were already in LRCDB, so since I got that album for Xmas I thought I'd tag the files.

On the first song I tried to tag I noticed the bug. This bug happened in 1.2.1, so I downloaded and installed 1.3.0 and started over with a fresh blank file and it still happened.

Here is what I did:

- Removed 1.2.1 from add/remove programs and deleted the leftover files in its folder. This also deleted the INI file so I was sure to be starting over with a fresh installation.

- Installed 1.3.0 and its dependencies file to their default location.

- Opened up the song in Winamp. File name was "Rock - The Spine - They Might Be Giants - 2004 - 01 - Experimental Film.mp3" and it already contains V1 and V2 tags for the song, but no lyrics yet.

- In the plugin options, entered my user name and password for LRCDB. Checked the box that said "auto save if lyrics found"

- Selected "Search on internet".

- It found the lyric at LRCDB just fine, and auto saved the lyric exactly as expected. The lyric looks fine in the window.

- In edit mode the first three lines of the lyric look fine, they look like this:

[00:02.994]The color of infinity
[00:06.157]Inside an empty glass
[00:09.310]I'm squinting my eye

- I close WinAmp.

- I re-open the song.

The second line is now showing as screwed up. The second timestamp is lost, and the third line is concatenated to the second line with the third line's timestamp in its place. Like so:

[00:02.994]The color of infinity
[00:09.310]Inside an empty glassI'm squinting my eye

A binary edit of the file indicates that the timestamp for the truncated line is a byte short of what it should be. In other words, there's usually six bytes between lines, and there's only five bytes for that line.

I believe this has happened to other people. I can even see a place in the LRCDB where the song got re-saved that way. It's another lyric from the same album ("Au Contraire" if I recall correctly) in the database that contains the same error within the first couple lines.