Sell the Kenwood. hehe

I noticed that there are many new members on here that either want a tuner or want to keep their headunit for its tuner or CD player.

Many long time owners of empegs end up pulling their head units out after a year of having both it and an empeg installed. This is after going through hell to install both! The fact is, I've had my empeg for a year and havn't missed FM radio at all (okay, I missed NPR for about a week or so). After having my empeg for about 8 months, I was forced to use a factory system on my new car. Even with a cool in-dash 6 disk player and FM, the novelty of a radio wore off after about 15 minutes (comercials and bad sound quality) and I hated only having 6-cd's to choose from. (Some people were amazed that I had a six disc changer in my dash and I was appauled!) Even some members like Drakino posted recently that they have tuners attached to their empegs but rarely use them.

The only use I see for a radio is to discover new music. But MTV2 and audio only satellite TV channels do pretty good too.

Anyway, I hope I didn't stray from your post too much. i just wanted to say that if you can't install both - it is no big loss. I'm a DSM fan, so I thought I'd check out your install. Good luck on whatever approach you take.