Hi

I've got one of the first MarkII's; had intermiitent hangs, pops, wheezes, etc. Checked the IDE mobo connector and had it resoldered last year. Unfortunately the problems persisted, so I replaced the hard drive. Problems still persist: constant failure of synchronising using jEmplode (perhaps one ot two tracks before machine times out.) Occasional sigkill error (3.00+Hijack). Even though temps seem normal, casing seems very hot to the touch.

If unit is in-car, when it gets up to temperature the music becomes troubled: pops,screeches, etc.

I think the problems are definitely heat-related and I don't know what's causing it. It's driving me mad. I've had the unit for years and love it, but I'm that close to binning it and getting an ipod-compatible head unit.

I've used a replacement power supply for several years (12V, 1A) but that's the only non-standard 'part.' If anyone has any idea, or can recommend a repairer (both Eutronix and the 'official' EU repairer have failed to respond to my emailed pleas) please let me know.

All the best

Richard