We recently had a power outage on my block (a common thing on our street for some reason). This one was longer than average, though, and we were without power for about 18 hours. For some reason, when the power came back on, my parent's computer wouldn't boot. This is bad. These days there are some pretty serious things they need their computer for, and with my wedding only a week away, they're busier than ever.

We're not sure why it happened, either. It wasn't a storm that caused it (it hadn't rained for days), and the computer was on an APC unit. But now, the computer won't even power up. I hit the power button and absolutely nothing happens. The only indicator I have is that one of the two NICs on the motherboard has an amber light that keeps flashing when the computer is plugged in. I've looked at the documentation that came with the motherboard and the power supply, but they don't say anything at all.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'd be extremely grateful if you did. Things are, as you can imagine, crazy enough around here already without this thrown in.

*edit*
Also, if anyone can find a manual for the MSI K8N Neo4 motherboard online, I'd appreciate it. Despite the indications that it came with a manual, I can't find one, even though I keep everything.

Oh, and if it helps, the power supply is an Antec NeoPower 480.

Edited by Dignan (25/06/2007 03:04)