Originally Posted By: FireFox31
Does the Classic Controller hurt anyone else's hands?

Doesn't really hurt, but I don't like the shape. I love how a few people have modded the controller so that the chord comes out the top (as it should). My main complaint, though, is that there's no way to change the button mapping. A related complaint is that for some unknown reason, the button mapping in Super Mario World is different than the original game! Why on earth would they do that? The new mapping is terrible!

Are video games getting easier as the years go on? Mario Galaxy, I love, but there are so many 1UPs and opportunities to save that it's not a real challenge. Thinking back 20 years, I honestly never beat Super Mario Brothers for NES. The time and stamina required to get through the whole game in one sitting (and without loosing all of your lives? was there a Continue option?) was just overwhelming. I love being able to play Mario Galaxy for 20 minutes, save, and turn it off, but what happened to the challenge?

I think that's just that particular game. I agree that there's no challenge to it (aside from some insane levels - have you seen the one with the purple coins?), and I think they essentially should have removed the concept of "lives" in the game entirely. I don't think I ever once ran out of lives, and that's with never even taking the ones Peach mailed me. Between the excessive amount the levels offer you, and the always available 1up under the stairs in the main station, I never needed them.

Does Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii look much worse than Zelda: Wind Waker for Game Cube?

But TP looks so brown^H^H^H^H^Hreal! I'm one of the minority that loved the hell out of WW, despite its flaws (an eternity spent sailing, and a second act that fizzles). It's one of the best looking games I've ever played. I think you're right in the idea that WW gets a big advantage from cell shading. I think there's a lot of cheating that can be done on the graphics while at the same time there's a lot of cool visuals that can be achieved. I think this story pretty much sums up what I think of the art direction in Twilight Princess.

Rock Band for Wii? Does Wii have the hardware capacity to process all those inputs?

Um...I'm not sure what you mean... The Wii can understand 4 motion-sensing wiimotes with 4 motion-sensing nunchucks attached to them. Why would drums, two guitars and a mic be too much? I would think they'd be easier for the Wii to handle. Aren't they essentially MIDI controllers?

Seems like Game Cube was the pinnacle of excess, specifically in game music.

I can see your point, though sometimes the music of the various Wii channels gets into my head and won't let go.

Still no Mii's in my Mii Parade even though I added everyone's console number to my address book or something.

Weird...I'll make sure I've added you later. Are you sure you provided us with the correct number?

Wii Ware is great! I can't wait for the Strong Bad Game!!!!!!!

If you haven't, definitely download Lost Winds. It's short but I love it.