With the networks pretty much all ending their shows in May, and USA starting up their summer season, I ask: what were you all planning on watching on TV this summer? Naturally, I plan to be out and about and enjoying the summer fairly often (I don't have a choice, the wife will make me get out), but I also enjoy winding down at the end of the day with a good TV show.

Usually the summer is a little more sparse, with maybe 3-6 first-run shows that [my wife and] I watch, as opposed to the fall/winter/spring when there might be as many as 15 or more.

For me the big ones, as alluded to earlier in the post, are USA Shows:

Burn Notice
Royal Pains [a fun summer show]

Then the other ones I'm looking forward to are:
Eureka [which has been off the air for around 537 months]
The Closer [which has been off the air for around 538 months]

Then there are other shows that are continuing into the summer, like:

In Plain Sight

and...

Wow, that's about it. I won't know what to do with myself! I'm counting in my head right now, and the number of fall/winter/spring shows I watched last year total about...20 shows a week. Yeah, I watch a little too much smile

Well, it'll be a good summer to get my wife caught up on a few older shows. We're about 15 episodes shy of finishing up the Buffyverse (this has been my 4th time through Buffy and Angel), to be followed by Firefly and Dollhouse (my wife is a huge Whedon fan now). I'm also going to risk it all by seeing if she enjoys my favorite show of all time, Avatar (the real one).

You may notice that I've left out a few popular shows, especially True Blood. That's easy to explain: I just don't like it. I watched the entire first season, and I was just annoyed by all the characters. The biggest problem for me was Anna Pacquin, who had the worst accent and the worst acting on the show, which is not good when she's the main character.

So what else are you people looking forward to? Mad Men? Should I try watching that? I also usually include Dexter as a summer show, but this year it doesn't appear to be airing until mid-September. Lastly, I know reality TV is the big thing these days, but it's discouraging to see a list of premieres and it's almost all reality shows.