Originally Posted By: hybrid8
3. More environmentally sound, since either will likely be "disposable" at some point in time. A disc is plastic and some places can recycle them, there's no solder and PCB and components to deal with.

I can't see how a USB drive, which could be reused after the images are taken off, is less environmentally sound than a disc that will probably be thrown out anyway.

When our wedding photographer gave us our digital files (on a couple DVDs, I believe), I transferred them to my computer, my parents' computer, my in-laws' computer, and then threw the discs away. I do not want another disc cluttering up the place when I can store all my data on hard drives.

However, I know from dealing with MY clients that none of them back up their data, so I'm probably a different kind of customer. I didn't need to keep the discs for backup purposes. I'm the type of customer who would have preferred a thumb drive I could use for other stuff.

Other than that, Bruno, I agree with you.

Cris, I think either way, as a customer I might prefer receiving one item from you. If it can't fit on one DVD, maybe that's when you provide the 8GB USB drive (or bigger).