I know a few people here are using Google Apps for hosting their mail servers and the like.

After having my at home mail server go offline one too many times whilst away (always while I'm away), I moved everything over to Google Apps. I had already been using the calendar and contacts to sync to my HTC HD2 now running Android so it clicked together quite well. The Gmail client works great.

Aside from the slower access to mail since it's much further away (mainly an issue whilst moving over old mail) it works great.

What's everyone's opinion on backups? Should I backup my mail? I've never heard of anyone losing their Gmail. Of course if something like that Picasa episode happens I'm stuffed but in terms of hardware failures and the like I should be pretty safe right?

I do have a couple of copies of the mail by default (since Outlook 2010 seems to want to download everything out of the box). But for the same domain, my Mum has an account and has started using just the web client. Works better for her.

Thoughts?
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)