The number of active posters to the site has pretty much been in a steady decline for a long while, even prior to the big religious and political discussions around 2008. I tried to pin down specific reasons (and at one point was really stressing out about it) before just letting it not bother me too much. Overall, I've preferred the way things have gone, to the alternative where this site grew and had so many users it lost the unique feel. At one point I had given heavy consideration to trying to include all the Rio portable players. Thankfully riovolution.org came along and filled that gap.

Who knows what the future will hold for the site. For now, I'm just trying to avoid being on the defensive too much when participating in a discussion. Fell into that trap recently on a Google+ discussion. I'm also trying to be more self aware of my own comments that puts others on the defensive as well. The previous big discussions here have slowly helped me get better with both aspects, and I look forward to more in the future.