(Responding for fun, and to share differences, not to criticize. I'm actually pretty impressed by the USB setup you have Doug smile

Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
2) Vantec. That's the dock for one of my two external hard drives.
5) Panasonic. That's how we download pictures from my camera.
8) Printer. It was easier to network the printer with USB instead of Ethernet.
9) iPhone. Sometimes SWMBO wants to charge her iPhone at my desk.
10) Webcam. What can I say? My webcam is a USB device.
11) My second external HD. (All my SATA ports are used by my four internal hard drives plus the DVD burner.)
13) Mouse. Are there any optical mice that are not USB?

For me 2 and 11 are covered by having a NAS. Benefits for my setup, I can get to the files from my desktop, laptop, or iPad. Lower power use from the NAS being on and sleeping the disks when idle then a desktop PC serving files.

8, I have a network printer, but I've found I print so infrequently, it's still in the moving box. Work has printers too (obviously being retired, not a possibility for you Doug these days. I think I'd trade positions with you if I could wink

9 I have a charging dock near my bed that charges the iPhone 3x faster then standard USB. For data exchange it's all via WiFi now. And since my iPhone is my camera, 5 also goes away. Second I walk into range of any WiFi, my phone sends the photos up into a private cloud spot. I think if I ever get a full sized camera again, it will be one that can use an SD card, and the Eye-Fi card.

10 is covered by having a webcam built into my desktop monitor, laptop, and iPad.

13, I had a bluetooth optical mouse, and now have a bluetooth laser mouse for gaming. Bluetooth trackpad for everything else. Also bluetooth keyboard. With a bluetooth receiver built into every machine I own, no USB port is taken up. Pretty sure I have enough blueteeth for a full set of dentures now smile