Originally Posted By: Archeon
Originally Posted By: Dignan
I just installed two Xerox color printers in a small office today. The Phaser 6500N and the WorkCentre 6605DN.
I was quite impressed.

You're welcome. wink

I'll definitely be recommending them in the future smile Thanks!

One issue might be that they're pretty expensive. I think my client said that the 6605DN was around $900. While I think it was well worth that money, most of my clients aren't looking to spend that much on their printer. It's ~$400 more than the Brother I just set up for another client, which wasn't as nice but it also wasn't $400 worse.

Quote:
Quote:
The only annoyance was that the 6605DN has a built in scanner, but as far as I could tell Xerox doesn't provide anything in the way of scanning software.

Mine came with ScanSoft Paperport. But I have to be honest, it was tucked away rather good one one of the added CD's. It took me a while before I found it, too. I agree they could've made that more obvious.

Now that I think about it, I'd forgotten that the AIO printer had already been removed from its box and put in place before I got there. Once I couldn't obtain scanner software I should have asked for it, but I've just gotten into the habit of treating pack-in printer CDs as garbage. I never use the included discs, and grab the software from the company's website instead. Sadly, Xerox doesn't seem to include that scanning software on printer's download page.