Hey everyone! Has anyone else here gotten into 3D printing? I recently picked up two models in an attempt to give it a go, now that the prices have gotten so incredibly low. My hesitation has always been price and complexity, and it looks like...one of those problems has been fixed.

I now have an Anycubic i3 Mega S for my main printer, and a very inexpensive ($100) model from a company called Labists. I sort of envisioned the smaller one being something my son could start playing with (under extremely close supervision - he's just turned 6), and the other one is dad's printer smile

Does anyone have tips? I've printed some things out with extremely varying success. The sample print that came with the included card is these two owls that pretty much come out looking good every time I try them. Any time I print something that includes supports, however, things get pretty crappy. The supports end up being very hard to remove. I'm also not sure about the accuracy. I tried this polygonal panther I found on Thingiverse, and stopped it halfway through because the body was looking OK but the tail was a twisted mess of filament. When I popped the half-formed cat off the bed I tried removing the supports that were there so far and found that I couldn't remove a single one.

I get that this isn't exactly like regular printing, and it'll require quite a bit more work, but it's hard to find a really good way to learn the basics. I'm hoping someone here could guide me in the right direction.