I love all the new features in 2.0 beta. I have also noticed randomization problems. I don't know if its bugs or a feature oversight though. When I use SHUFFLE mode..things seem to do more or less what they are supposed to. However, I very infrequently use shuffle mode per say. What I wish is that the playlist randomization (without shuffle) was smarter like shuffle mode is supposed to be. For example...

I have all my stuff organized by artist/album as many others have also done. The idea is that folders are randomly selected but then the album folder playlist is set to "ordered" so that the album plays in correct order. The idea is that I can randomly hear complete albums. All that works fine. However...it repeatedly brings up the same albums at the front of the list and ignores many others. its generally easier if an album comes up I don't like to just start over with a new random playlist...but it seems that there is a small subset of albums that always seem to be at the top of the list.. Can the randomization algorithms that are used for playlist order (not the shuffle mode) be improved to use some of the new algorithms that are used in shuffle mode..such as least recently played, etc.. ???