S'been a good while since I've messed around with CB. I think the first thing I'd consider is whether you need to regularly change channels. If not, then you could mount the base unit in the boot and use a mic and speaker extension - if the unit's more than a couple of years old, it probably chucks out a huge amount of RFI, and the boot enclosure should screen a good bit of it. Moving the power feed so it's fed directly from the battery's probably a good idea too, and an inductor/cap filter on the power line's definitely worth adding as well. AIUI, you're running the Empeg amp from an existing supply in the car?? If so, moving that so it's fed directly from the battery as well might help. If it's got a remote switch on lead, then the amp shouldn't really need to be ignition fed, and even if it does, you can always relay it's power feed using the orange wire off the Empeg. All that, and ensuring that you've got the CB aerial mounted about as far back as possible to keep the distance between it and the Empeg/radio aerial's about as much as I can come up with....

Dominic

Cambridge Car Audio
http://www.cambscaraudio.co.uk