That other link was started by me too when I was thinking of running a 2.5" backup drive. But that isn't too cost effective. I'd be better off selling the drives on eBay or here (my spare 2.5" empeg drives).

I am leaning towards the PC Card option. It seems a lot faster than USB 1.1 and barely more expensive. I think I might actually have a PCI adapter too... hmm.. Upon looking, I noticed that someone sells the Addonics "Combo Hard Drives" in two configurations: "Combo Hard Drive kit with PCMCIA Interface cable" for $95 and "Combo Hard Drive kit with CardBus/PCMCIA Interface cable" for $110. What is the difference? Does the first include only the cable and the second has the card too (incase you want to buy a 2nd one, there would be no need for a 2nd card).

Compared to the product link in my first post (which sells for $220 and I found somewhere else for $208), this set up will cost $110 + plus the cost of a hard drive (which can go for as little as $118). So, for $228 + two shipping charges instead of one and a little assembley.... I can get a drive that will work at 3 Mbytes/Sec (PCMCIA) vs. 700KBytes/sec (USB 1.1) AND offer me the ability to upgrade to Firewire, USB 2.0 or whatever... (My notebook doesn't have USB 2.0)...

Thanks for all the input guys... hopefully this will be of use to more people. I know I am not the only person using a notebook. This would have helped me a lot after I erased all of the songs by artists that begin with the letter C from my RioCar...