Ok, thats useful to know Mark.

I guess then we need to get some feedback from rtundo & enternalsun if a hack like this [with some IR mapping in config.ini] would answer their requirements for this idea.

Personally I think it will answer most potential users requirements in a flexible and user customisable way.

It would be good if the fake button code for 'mute input' was 2 way - i.e. if we receive this code it means that the mute input was triggered [and was then not passed to the player].

If we 'send' this fake button code (via the ir trans feature of config.ini) then it means that the mute input signal needs to be passed to the player software [as happens now].

I don't know if the polarity of the mute signal (what you set in emplode for whether 0v means mute of +12V means mute) is handled by the player itself or by the empeg_power.c code.

Once we ge the Sony Stalk stuff in the IR trans so its mappable ala IR codes are now, then users could map a button on their remotes or Sony stalks to 'Cell phone input'if they wish, so when the car-phone rings the empeg switches to the cellphone input automatically.

If we want to manually trigger it ourselves [e.g. for dialling out?] from a button we can do that too.

And if I want Button X to do this and someone wants button Y then thats no problem either.